What you'll be doing...
Responsibilities associated with the position include:
* Deploying different flavors of Virtual machines on Open stack environment.
* Deploying cisco CSR1000v and similar cloud solutions for routing of the VM in a virtual environment.
* Configuring, testing, and deploying applications on Linux Operating systems.
* Developing, integrating, and testing automation scripts for installation and deployment of the applications on Linux base OS.
* Developing, integrating, and troubleshooting third-party applications on different Linux OS.
* Supporting the application configuration and routing for different test teams.
* Troubleshooting any network/system/service-related issues with involved testing teams.
* Testing server application for remote and client speed test application in lab environment.
* Testing DNS, DHCP, static, and dynamic address allocations with BHR devices.
* Developing test plans and user stories for performance testing of the BHRs.
* Developing automated test scripts for performance testing of the BHRs in a singular and multi-node fashion.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience of working on Linux/Unix systems.
* Knowledge of Verizon's FiOS Provisioning and Maintenance Systems and Processes.
* Experience with In Home architecture including Wi-Fi technologies and performance measurements.
* Ability to work with Linux-friendly applications and able to troubleshoot it when issue arise.
* Ability to script in shell as well as Python, Perl, or ruby.
* Knowledge to setup, configure, and use complex Linux servers and Linux base applications.
* Experience of programming languages (e.g., C, Java, Python, Perl, ruby).
* Analytical skills.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.