What you'll be doing...
Verizon Internal Audit (VIA) is driving continuous improvement across the organization, supporting the push to Verizon 2.0. You will contribute to our efforts by providing objective evaluations of our broad range of technology and information systems. This role provides exposure to the diverse aspects of our business through collaboration with different business leaders related to our technology controls, processes, and systems. The work you perform is critical to reducing risk and providing solutions that protect our company, our employees and our shareholders. As a member of the Emerging Technology and Cybersecurity audit team at Verizon, you will be at the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and help shape the cybersecurity landscape of a top Fortune 500 company.
As part of our team, you will participate in a variety of enterprise-wide cyber security audits. The audit plan for each year changes along with emerging cyber threats and the risks they pose to our business. You will also perform security reviews of new products and services as they are developed, getting exposure to and shaping new technologies before they go to market. This is a highly-visible role in which you will collaborate with key leaders throughout the organization. VIA is often viewed as a source of talent for the broader organization, often serving as the first role of many for those making a career at Verizon.
* Executing risk-based audit programs to assess the design and effectiveness of security controls for critical systems and processes.
* Researching and performing interviews to understand existing processes and technology.
* Obtaining evidence of effective processes functioning as designed and intended.
* Identifying areas for improvement and assessing the potential impact to the business.
* Developing measurable and achievable recommendations to senior leaders, collaborating on management action plans and preparing written audit reports.
* Leading by driving organizational change and accountability for our security posture.
* Participating in department initiatives to further develop the VIA function.
* Developing and maintaining your technical skills while exhibiting a security mindset.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of computer system design, information security concepts, IT general controls, network security, technology governance and/or security operations.
* Knowledge of networks technology, operating systems, midrange platforms, computers, system development, client/server architecture.
* Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in computer science, management information systems, accounting, finance or related discipline.
* Certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CIA, and/or CISM, or willingness to pursue.
* IT auditing experience in one or more of the following areas: UNIX, Linux, or Windows platforms, network security, SSAE16 or PCI compliance engagements and/or ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft).
* Experience in system administration, network security, and network.
* Experience in IT and/or Security experience or experience in IT/Security risk management, compliance/assurance/audit administration, network operation center experience and/or SAP and/or PeopleSoft technical support knowledge.
* Experience managing projects.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.