The Regents of the University of California
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance-academic and artistic, political and cultural-make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
The PeopleSoft Unit's Applications Programmer 4 position is one of PeopleSoft's application and technology expert. This position is within the Information Services & Technology (IST)/Application Services department. This positions provides lead role and/or technical expertise to multi-team PeopleSoft/BFS projects, as well as provides planning and recommendations on how to utilize PeopleSoft's changing technology. This position reports directly to BFS Level 2 Manager. As one of the PeopleSoft System's technical leader, the incumbent is expected to have a good understanding of the functionalities of Financials & Supply Chain Management (FSCM) modules and its underlying technology.
* Applies advanced applications programming concepts in designing, developing, modifying, debugging and evaluating highly complex programs for functional areas. Responsible for providing analysis for highly complex existing programs and works to formulate logic for new systems/functionalities, devise logic procedures, prepare flowcharting, perform coding, data analysis, and test/debug programs, dealing directly with central departments.
* Designs solutions that meet customization approaches and standards to sustain the upgrade and implementation readiness of the supported enterprise systems and ensure compliance for continued vendor support.
* Depending on projects/assignments, may lead major application enhancement/ upgrade/ implementation projects. Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
* Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation. Initiates and recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Understands industry practices and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments. Ensures that System Development Life Cycle and change management procedures are followed and documented to support each system development and change requests.
* Trains central users in conversion and implementation of system. Provides consultation, mentoring, and training to PeopleSoft Unit technical staff and functional users.
* Initiates, designs and uses complex relational databases. Develops highly complex solutions designs, performs complex performance and integration testing. Develops and executes moderately complex test plans.
* May lead a team of applications programming professionals. Interacts with senior level personnel. Collaborates with other senior staff on complex technical issues and provides alternative solutions.
* Requires advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft applications programming tools and technology.
* Significant number of years experience with PeopleSoft Financial modules, specifically GL, AP, AR (Billing, eBilling), and/or Procurement.
* Must have advanced skills in PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Workflow, PeopleSoft UI, Integration and Web related Tools.
* Must have knowledge relating to the design and development of applications programs across the organization.
* Must have knowledge of customization standards and practices for vendor-supported enterprise software.
* Requires advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation.
* Has skills needed to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
* Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
* Must be able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
* Requires ability to understand business needs and how business systems can support those needs.
* Has ability to interface with management on a regular basis.
* Must be self-motivated, work independently or as part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
* Requires knowledge of other related areas of IT.
* Knowledge of department processes and procedures.
* Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
* Implementation experience with Contracts/Grants/Project-Costing.
* 5+ years working in PeopleSoft Applications, PeopleSoft financial modules.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
About The Regents of the University of California
The Regents of the University of California is the governing board of the University of California.