Destination XL Group
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Operations Systems Analyst, with an emphasis on technical skills, provides specialized technical and application specific expertise necessary to define, develop, test and implement new systems, designs and enhancements to existing systems or processes. Responsible for gathering and reporting of data as well as troubleshooting issues, resolving issues, understanding processes and mechanical systems (sorters) and communicating with Associates, Management, Industrial Engineering, Maintenance, IT and Vendors for prompt and effective problem resolution. #FitForYou
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support for all DC software:
* Warehouse Management systems.
* Sortation systems.
* DC reporting systems.
* Lead in the definition, design, development, testing and implementation of large or technically complex systems, reports, processes or enhancements.
* Develop and document functional specifications which define the objectives, information flow, and requirements of new systems or enhancements.
* Translate functional requirements into detailed test plans, implementation plans, production checkout plans and Associate procedures.
* Develop and execute testing, implementation and training plans, procedures and schedules.
* In conformance with established standards, test, debug and document systems and enhancements.
* Establish project plans and define milestones and deliverables for projects, monitor progress and ensure adherence to target dates and budgets.
* Coach and provide on-the-job technical training to other staff members.
* Coordinate with other groups, DC and non-DC, as required.
* Assist in the preparation of formal presentations of projects, recommendations and specifications.
* Provide extended-hour support, as required.
* BS degree or equivalent; 3+ years business analysis and design as well as Microsoft product experience.
* A programming background is extremely helpful and is a plus.
* Experience in a retail and warehouse environment is a plus.
* Sound technical skills including WMi (iSeries), SCI, Crystal, Pyramid, and Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel, Access, SQL, Visio, etc.
* Technical Skills:
* Warehouse Management Systems, Manhattan Associates Warehouse Management Systems a plus
* Labor management systems
* Bombay or tilt tray sortation systems
* Inbound and out bound sortation systems
* Microsoft Tools
* Report Development Tools, SCI and Crystal are a plus
* Demonstrated understanding of business problems, flow and strategy of the functional areas, technical complexities of software, hardware and communications, and appropriate up-to-date knowledge of the same.
* Demonstrated analytical skills, to include understanding of requests/problems, development of appropriate solutions and use of good judgment.
* Technical expertise to understand modification specifications and systems and to ensure that these are accurate, correct and properly address the existing issue.
* Multi-tasking on different projects.
* Demonstrated ability to assume a management role, as required, including acting as a role model, leading by example, viewing and executing from the company standpoint, and handling issues in a professional manner.
* Good inter-personal skills.
* Good verbal and written communications.
* Understanding and use of the project life cycle,
* Demonstrated ability to understand complex concepts and to be able to properly test all aspects of changes to software and business processes.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to adapt to ever changing priorities and deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to use reporting tools to provide support of the organizations information.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and shifting responsibilities without direct supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to create Standard Operating Procedures and to document processes in a way that they are useful and understandable by both the Associates and Management.
About Destination XL Group
Destination XL Group operates as a specialty retailer of big and tall men’s apparel.