Destination XL Group
GENERAL SUMMARY: AWS Cloud Data Engineer will be responsible for preparing data for analytical or operational uses, building data pipelines to pull together information from different source systems; integrating, consolidating and cleansing data. #FitForYou
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with internal customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs.
* Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
* Develop and support the analytical technologies that give our internal customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data.
* Design and implement an analytical environment using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and dashboards.
* Develop and maintain data warehouses.
* Design and deploy data table structures, reports, and queries.
* Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
* Assure security of data from external parties and for management of row-level-security within the organization.
* Plan and coordinate backup and disaster recovery setup.
* Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
* Develop and maintain database stored procedures, views, and functions that support reporting data models.
* Develop and maintain ETL processes.
* Produce ad-hoc queries that develop reports to support business needs.
* Create reports and data models using Power BI that meet business requirements.
* Provide data management support to users.
* Other duties as required.
* Computer Science degree required; Masters in Computer Science a plus.
* AWS Certifications
* 5+ years of experience in data management and data integration industry.
* 5 years' experience in technical and functional design and development for databases, ETL, data warehousing, and BI reporting required.
* Experience with cloud-based data engineering platforms.
* Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS (S3, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena) or Azure or similar.
* T-SQL expertise.
* Familiarity with cloud services (AWS, Azure (preferred), Google Cloud).
* Experience creating databases from the ground up.
* In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring).
* Comprehensive grasp of data visualization methods and data modeling for effective report creation.
* Ability to construct and maintain data warehouses.
* SSMS, SSIS, and SSAS expertise.
* Experience with SSAS, Tabular-based reporting, and Tabular Data Models.
* Experience creating charts, graphs, dashboards in one or more of the following programs - Excel, SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik and/or similar programs.
* A broad understanding of data visualization methods and techniques.
* Power Query ("M" language), and DAX language experience.
* Solid presentation skills and the ability to present to audiences of 10-15 people.
* Broad business experience with proficient ability to talk to execs in business terms.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Willing to creatively engage with customers to come up with custom solutions.
* Must possess ability to coordinate and work cohesively with a development team (no 'code-loners').
* Familiarity with Kimball methodologies of data warehousing. Understanding of the difference between application database design and reporting database design.
* At least 5 years' experience working in developing and building data solutions.
* Experience with AWS technologies used for Data Analytics, including some of these: EMR, Glue, Data Pipelines, Lambda, Redshift, Athena, Kinesis, Aurora, etc.
* Deep understanding of data storage technologies for structured and unstructured data: S3, etc.
* Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Node.js, Python.
* Knowledge of relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, etc.
* Knowledge of any of NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
* Extensive knowledge of data formats like JSON, Parquet, etc.
* Knowledge of AWS SageMaker/ML is a plus.
* Excellent analytical skills with a track record of achieving balance in innovative thinking with a strong customer and quality focus.
* Strong interpersonal, relationship, team building and motivation skills.
* Ability to respond effectively during a crisis.
* Proficient in communicating complex ideas, either with the written word or in presentations.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with minimal direction.
About Destination XL Group
Destination XL Group operates as a specialty retailer of big and tall men’s apparel.