Destination XL Group
GENERAL SUMMARY: AWS Cloud Developer will be responsible for designing, deploying, and developing cloud applications on AWS platform. #FitForYou
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Code automation and reliability features across the full-stack technology platform.
* Design and develop new tools and smart alerts that help discover failures/issues in a timely fashion. Perform system reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential improvements.
* Define and evangelize system optimizations and best practices to improve reliability, security and performance. Develop automation, processes, and tools designed to make responding to and resolving incidents simpler and more robust.
* Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy.
* Work closely with infrastructure to build solutions that effectively reflect business needs, application, security, and service level requirements.
* Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure proper Cloud solutions are implemented.
* Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes to supporting applications. Ensures effective integration and communication between multiple development teams with interdependencies.
* Provides technical guidance and leadership in root cause analysis, impact analysis, problem determination and problem resolution support. Provides alternatives for solving identified system problems. Creates solutions that prevent further problems from occurring (irreversible corrective action).
* Ensures software development meets standards for programming, design, performance, and security. Identifies and recommends areas for improvement in planning, design, development and testing.
* Participate in technical planning and requirements gathering phases including design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
* Ensure technical software development process is followed, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
* Develop RESTful services using Java.
* Work with PL/SQL to interact with Oracle Databases.
* Other duties or projects as assigned.
* Computer Science degree required.
* AWS Certifications.
* Experience in development of all server-side logic, RESTful APIs using Node.js
* Experience with AWS cloud development environment (GCP and Azure is a plus).
* Experience with Java/J2EE development platform.
* Knowledge of relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Aurora, etc.
* Knowledge of any of NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
* Extensive knowledge of data formats like JSON, Parquet, etc.
* Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, etc.
* Knowledge of cloud automation frameworks like Terraform, Cloud-formation, etc.
* Knowledge of AWS SageMaker/ML is a plus.
* Excellent analytical skills with a track record of achieving balance in innovative thinking with a strong customer and quality focus.
* Strong interpersonal, relationship, team building and motivation skills.
* Ability to respond effectively during a crisis.
* Proficient in communicating complex ideas, either with the written word or in presentations.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with minimal direction.
About Destination XL Group
Destination XL Group operates as a specialty retailer of big and tall men’s apparel.