Destination XL Group
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Systems Engineer III is responsible for the support of the organizations IT Infrastructure. The position will work closely with the senior level Engineers, as well as the Database and Network and Systems Security environment to define system architecture and provide vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving ability to the organization. The Systems Engineer III performs a variety of tasks and must have the ability to support both legacy and new technology. #FitForYou
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Systems Engineer III will assist with the installation, configuration and maintenance of the organization's VMware environment, physical servers, operating systems, SQL servers, email servers, web servers and server hardware.
* Detect, diagnose, and repair server related problems on Windows servers and Windows desktop systems.
* Perform system backups on internal and external physical and virtual servers.
* Design and support server system(s) and supporting software.
* Install, maintain and monitor corporate Anti-virus servers.
* Analyze and resolve problems associated with server hardware, NT and applications software.
* Recommend and schedule repairs.
* Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
VMware vCenter and Citrix Environment
* The Systems Engineer III will assist the Senior Engineers with installation, configuration and overall maintenance of the VMware ESX servers. This includes planning, documenting, implementing and maintaining VMware Hosts and virtual servers.
* Use VMware vCenter to provision, monitor and manage the virtualized IT environment.
* Dynamically allocate and balancing computing resources with VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
* Continuously and automatically, optimize virtual machines within resource pools with VMware vMotion.
* Configure and maintain disk storage on the EMC SAN.
* Monitor Virtual server resource utilization and make recommendations to improve performance and reliability.
* Use VMware vCenter to provision, monitor and manage the virtual desktop environment.
* Install, test and deploy VMware patch levels and upgrades.
* Detect, diagnose, and troubleshoot Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops products.
* Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of VMware Horizon View VDI, thin clients, and other VDI-related technology.
* Provide support and assistance in the delivery of End User support and Systems Maintenance
* Requires 2- 6 years of experience in the IT field or in a related area and is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* VMware experience required.
* Microsoft knowledge required.
* Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops experience is preferred.
* Microsoft MCSE certification is preferred.
* Microsoft SQL database experience preferred but not required.
* Familiarity with PCI DSS and Mass PII compliance.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to work independently with minimal direction.
* Time management skills with the ability to meet rigid and urgent assignment schedules.
* Strong analytical/troubleshooting and organizational skills, capable of resolving advanced software and hardware issues.
* Strong organizational, coordination and communication skills with the ability to work well and communicate with peers.
* Able to create detailed project plans.
About Destination XL Group
Destination XL Group operates as a specialty retailer of big and tall men’s apparel.