Network Engineer - TS/SCI w/ poly
Req #: 222676
Location: Fairfax, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
What You'll Get To Do:
CACI is looking for a talented Network Engineer to join our team. You will conduct design, development, testing, and documentation in support of IP/MPLS network engineering solutions, upgrades and modification of the IP/MPLS network to satisfy services growth and expansion in accordance with organizational objectives.
More About This Role:
The Network Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties;
* Plan and coordinate major IP/MPLS network initiatives in accordance and collaboration with the architectural objectives of the organization.
* Research, evaluate, and recommend new network equipment and technologies in support of the network.
* Provide IP/MPLS network support of new and existing services and features.
* Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management techniques, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate escalated issues, outages and network enhancement efforts. Troubleshoot IP/MPLS network problems quickly and help provide sound engineering solutions by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the existing IP/MPLS Network architecture, topology, and configuration details.
* Support engineering level escalations for all operational outages in IP/MPLS network.
* Meet regularly with other network team leads and engineers to plan and coordinate efforts, and communicate changes.
* Provide internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to company management and departmental clients.
* Develop and execute contingency plans for network software and hardware upgrades.
* Analyze current products and recommends changes/upgrades to management.
* Keep abreast of relevant technologies and maintain selected technical certifications.
* Document engineering solutions in accordance to in-house standards including but not limiting to the following documents: Detailed Engineering Requirements, Detailed Reference Design, and deliver detailed Integration Test Plan documents.
* Conduct quality, comprehensive LAB tests to prove viability of proposed engineering solutions
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
The candidate should have the following minimum knowledge;
* In depth understanding of IP networking including routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
* Working knowledge of IP/MPLS network QoS technology (RSVP, Queuing, and Traffic Policing)
* Working knowledge of IP/MPLS network security / Firewalls
* Working knowledge of Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls.
* A current TS/SCI clearance with poly is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent and 12 to 15 years of relevant experience are required, but for this position a Bachelor's Degree in IT related subject and 8 years experience
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* CCIE/JNCIE or equivalent demonstrated experience
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.