PHYSICAL SECURITY TECHNICIAN (PSEP)
Req #: 215173
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA US
Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
CACI is seeking a PHYSICAL SECURITY TECHNICIAN (PSEP) to suport our program in Ft. Belvoir.
What You'll Get to Do:
Provides continuous integrity of highly classified and complex physical security systems installed in US Forces operational facilities worldwide. Travels to supported units/sites to apply engineering and technical expertise with Intrusion Detection Systems, Physical Security Enhancement System (PSEP) and access control systems
More About the Role:
* Provides GSA Container, vault and pedestrian door locking device Inspection, maintenance and repair as required by supported MSC S2/SSO.
* Maintain Electronic Security Systems (ESS) as required by supported MSC S2/SSO to include semi-annual IDS testing for protected facilities.
* Applies advanced technical state-of- the- art integration of engineering models or prototypes, major system modifications to physical security systems and operations with fire detection and suppression systems, environmental systems, station power and grounding systems to National Code and INSCOM configuration management regulations, standards and requirements.
* Performs complex Electromagnetic Interference/Radio Frequency Interference (EMI/RFI) analyses and makes recommendations for mitigation. Maintains baseline information for US military unique physical security systems.
* Performs complicated diagnostics, fault isolation and maintenance of complex electronic analog and digital communications and telecommunications equipment and Radio Frequency (RF) systems High Frequency through Microwave (HF through MW).
* Representative of this equipment are antennas, preamplifiers, receivers, demodulators, converters, fiber optic systems, computers, graphic workstations, printers, recorders, analog and digital displays, input/output devices, Local Area Network (LANs), and test equipment.
* Configures, tests, and installs unique proprietary computer software and hardware for physical security systems. Performs software updates and modifications, graphics changes, additions, historical and operating system backups.
* Conducts site surveys and analyses of physical security system and network requirements and produces complex network diagrams and recommended solutions to accommodate system and network evolution. Evaluates proposed computer hardware and computer network systems to determine technical feasibility, costs for implementation, and operational adequacy.
* Provides classified technical documentation and training to technical personnel on modification, integration, and installation of network equipment, configuration of network software and installation of proprietary system software on electronic communication equipment's.
* Provides life cycle support of physical security system software and hardware, configuration management, research and identify replacement Logical Replacement Units (LRU) for equipment and system upgrades, and trains technical personnel on system software) and other special and unique applications.
* Research, design and install tailored systems and technologies to support reconfigured facilities.
* Operates Built-In Test Equipment (BITE) and Automated Test Equipment (ATE).
* Provides technical support for access control and intrusion detection systems such as voice, data, biometric, and or wireless access denial systems installed in Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF).
* Supports US Army systems on site whenever and wherever deployed. Available to deploy to other countries and/or theaters to perform quick reaction technical support to US forces worldwide military contingency missions and requirements in potentially hazardous work environments.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
* Associate's Degree in Electronics or related field from an accredited college/university with eight years' experience in physical security systems; or 10 years of Military equivalent technical training.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
* Employee must have knowledge in computer system maintenance, assorted software versions and enhancements, analysis and test. In addition, employee is required to have at least two years' experience working with unique software applications, and experience working with server configuration, administration and network support.
* Subject matter expert level knowledge with configuration management, installation practices and regulations, research and identify replacement Logical Replacement Units (LRU) for equipment and system upgrades of proprietary systems, and quality assurance practices and requirements.
* Knowledge in Electromagnetic Capability (EMC) and the functional application of Electromagnetic Interference/Radio Frequency Interference (EMI/RFI) analysis.
* Maintain ADVANTOR License Authorization and requisite training level to conduct maintenance to ADVANTOR ESS.
* Maintain LENEL products Verified Authorized Retailer (VAR) License Authorization and requisite training level to conduct maintenance to LENEL (On-Guard).
* Maintain GSA Certified Safe and Vault Technician Certification.
* US Citizen. Final Top Secret Clearance based upon a TIER 5 Background Investigation, and favorable eligibility determination for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) IAW ICD 704
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Fort Belvoir-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.