We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next. Job Description
As a member of Developer Platform, you are driven to help developers build amazing experiences on top of the Uber API platform and to design the future of our APIs. You'll be part of a cross functional team working on delivering a next generation developer platform, much of which is through our open source SDKs.
Our API is a fundamental part of Uber's future; providing a system for developers to extend and enhance the Uber experience will enable our technology to improve our cities and the lives of our users in new ways. Developer Platform is entrusted with the task of truly unlocking the creativity of the developer community to realize that vision.
You will be working on a high-performance team that is focused on delivering amazing APIs, documentation, and stories that inspire developers to build great products. We're taking a new approach here by having you work directly with Developer Relations and the developers that build on top of our APIs. No fences. Zero friction. All high-octane collaboration.
Sound awesome? Drop us a line and help power the future of transportation!
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* Live to help others. We're looking for accomplished software engineers who thrive on helping other developers learn new technologies. You should feel a rush every time you close out an issue or solve a huge problem.
* A jill/jack of all trades. You are not only proficient in Swift and Objective-C, you have a wide array of tools in your bag, be it Python, Java, C#, Ruby, or PHP. You can adapt easily and know exactly what you need to get the job done.
* Fearlessness. You aren't afraid to speak up or step on toes. You know APIs and you know them well. You are driven to elevate the collective discussion around you.
* Passion. You live and breathe APIs and open source. You love to see new integrations and nothing feels better than designing that perfect library
* Design and business acumen. You understand the requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
* Engineering excellence. You have proven industry experience in a variety of contexts, ranging from apps, libraries, and open source contributions.
* Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way - and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
* Commitment. Cities never sleep, and neither does Uber. You care tremendously about keeping the Uber experience consistent for users and strive to make any issues invisible to riders. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team. What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
* Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
* Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
* The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
* Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.