At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a skilled and growing team of engineers responsible for the next generation of reliability and scalability of Finance Forecast AI application. As the leadership role, you will work closely with other teams to develop the uForecast with different stakeholders, including strategic finance, corporate finance, marketing teams etc. You are deeply technically skilled in all areas of backend and have great communication skills, a focused and empathetic approach to leadership, and a bold and action-biased attitude toward hard engineering problems.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Five years experience developing software as an engineer.
* Two years experience managing engineering teams
* Significant experience building and operating application systems.
* Great management and team development skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and honest feedback, help team members grow in their careers, and deliver results.
* Expertise and interest in growing teams: interviewing junior and senior engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, smoothly on-boarding new team members.
* Good software engineering methodology: meaningful and deeply-rooted opinions about testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs.
* Exceptional technical skills in backend (Java prefer), can lead from the front when the situation calls for it.
* Experience in Finance planning and forecasting are a big plus.
What You'll Need
* 5 Minimum Years of Experience with Application Backend, Finance Planning & Forecast
About the Team
Uber's financial engineering team is making Uber's finance operation world class. Improving operational efficiency through marketplace intelligent, optimized budget allocation, and just-in-time market adaptation, supported by machine learning technologies and mass optimization into financial planning process.
Financial engineering will provide systems and services that improve the efficiency, accuracy of each phase of the finance operational flow in order to have fast response to changing market conditions, and assist leadership to make strategic decision supported by accurate forecast and operational intelligence
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.