At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
On the Serverless team, our mission is to reinvent how Uber deploys and manages services.
To that end, we're designing and developing a new cloud platform that:
* Makes it easy to create new services and iteratively manage them in production.
* Rivals the experiences of Google Cloud, Heroku, Zeit, and others.
* Performs reliably at scale - 1000s of engineers, 1000s of microservices, and 100k+ deploys a year.
Our charter is a rare chance to build the next-gen infrastructure experience that powers all of Uber.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Use Golang, GRPC, and React to build the platform that Uber will use to deploy and operate services at scale.
* Work closely with a small cross-functional team (<10) of engineers to iteratively develop the platform.
* Support feature work in the browser app by providing backend development and collaboration.
* Build operational expertise running a planet-scale production application.
* Develop a crisp CLI experience that exposes the platform's baseline functionality.
* Evangelize the platform across the company and support end-users.
What You'll Need
* 3 Minimum Years of Experience with Cloud Platforms, PaaS, API development, distributed systems, web applications
About the Team
On the Serverless team, we're hyper-focused on abstracting away the menial parts of deploying and operating services in production. Our goal is to create a microservices experience that manages everything critical about production, so that Uber's engineers can spend their days writing code instead of worrying about infrastructure.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.