At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the job
You immerse yourself in all aspects of security. You are looking for an opportunity that will try your technical skills and challenge your creativity. You are ready to face a wide range of security questions, many of which have not been considered before.
Production servers, networks, endpoint devices, and data are safe in your hands. You are a subject matter expert who wants to implement tactical solutions and contribute to the bigger picture.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
You'll be tasked with improving security across all aspects of the Uber Infrastructure. This infrastructure will run complex new services and it will operate at significant scale. You will be challenged every day.
* Push the boundaries of security technology to create defenses for large scale production infrastructure and networks
* Develop systems and processes to avoid and mitigate security issues by adapting security best practices to Uber's technical architecture
* Provide subject matter expertise on security requirements for certifications like ISO 27001, PCI DSS
* Lead security awareness and security knowledge sharing with Engineering teams to foster a culture of security
* Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation
* Instrument systems and networks to enable rapid detection of and response to intrusions and abuse
* Analyze and understand Uber's network traffic flows and application behavior to detect and hunt down outliers
What you'll need
* BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, MS preferred
* A security generalist background with experience on application security, encryption, hardening, cloud security, data center security and compliance
* Experience with AWS security hardening
* Solid foundational knowledge of technologies around network security including Linux, PKI, DNS, load balancing, IPSec, TLS and HTTP
* Programming skills in languages such as Python, C, Java,
* Security certifications like CISSP a plus
* Involved with industry practices, forums, and institutions.
* Experience of collaborating with Engineering teams
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.