What you'll be doing...
We are hiring a Mobile Application Developer for the Verizon GTS Mobile Apps Development Team. We have an energetic team of developers with a high performance culture. Our product and service are used by more than 10 mobile apps in Verizon across multiple lines of businesses. My Verizon Mobile and Fios Mobile are our two biggest client base. My Verizon Mobile has a registered user base of 40M, out of which 14M are active monthly. Our platform sends about one billion app directed messages and 60M Push Notifications per month. Customer Centricity means to us that we weave the latest design and technology into the best product and service for our customers. Big Data and Machine Learning is our pathway to serve our customer at their individual level. And we will use the 8 currencies of 5G to innovate the next generation of messaging service.
The candidate in this role will responsible for -·
* Product/Service Requirement Analysis, Feature Roadmap Definition and Industry Trend Analysis.
* Keep a close eye on the usage and feedback from the users of our Messaging Platform. Constantly monitor and survey the Messaging technology industry.
* Follow major players (Apple, Google, Braze and Branch etc.) on new feature releases.
* Define and maintain our own feature roadmap. Understand, track and improve the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) of the platform.
* Android and iOS Client Architecture Design and Development.
* Backend Application Development and Support.
* User Interface Design and Analysis. Leverage the latest Design Styles from Google/Apple. Apply the right UX design to communicate business concept intuitively.
* Application Support. Promote the Messaging platform across the Verizon enterprise.
* Provide development support to the users of our platform in terms of documentation and troubleshooting.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in programming with iOS.
* Objective-C fundamentals, including strong experience of core development frameworks for the iOS platform.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Strong mobile app development knowledge.
* Knowledge of Android platform.
* Knowledge and experience on product/application/api design and implementation.
* Strong taste and sense of User Interface design for general public or business professionals.
* Strong knowledge on the foundational computing concepts on algorithm, operating systems, multithreading and networking.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.