What you'll be doing...
Core Equipment Engineering (CEEI) group under Verizon Wireline Network Operations and Engineering organization is responsible for equipment engineering, implementation engineering, and network equipment inventory for networks supporting Multi-Service Edge (MSE), Public and Private IP, Voice over IP (VoIP), Internal Data Network (IDN), . CEE provides and supports construction and provisioning teams with detailed project installation packages (I-Specs) and material ordering while maintaining records in centralized engineering databases called ICON and VENUE.
The selected candidate will fulfill functions within the organization that may include:
* Perform detailed equipment engineering for new network build outs and augments. This includes the creation of I-Specs for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, requisitioning of project materials/equipment, and ensuring vendor delivery.
* Creation of I-Spec which includes: Coordinate Detail Engineering, Equipment/Hardware/Cable Ordering, delivery and Installation. Set and track appropriate dates and facilitate communication/coordination between cross functional teams to ensure successful, on-time completion.
* Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
* Manage, input, and update Engineering Databases (i.e. ICON, Venue…) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
* Provide general guidance to cross functional teams as it pertains to Network projects, systems, and process.
* Resolve a wide array of engineering issues in coordination with other internal/external organizations.
* Maintain higher level privileges and access to system applications that are required to manipulate the engineering data.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in a technical filed.
* Experience with the creation of I-Specs for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment.
* Experience in the creation of I-Spec which includes: Coordinate Detail Engineering, Equipment/Hardware/Cable Ordering, delivery and Installation.
* Experience in managing, inputting, and updating Engineering Databases (i.e. ICON, Venue…) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
* Five or more years' experience with Equipment/Detailed Engineering.
* Experience with Engineering systems & Databases.
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in the MS Office suite.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Highly motivated, self-supervised, customer focused individual with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion.
* Strong knowledge in job related functional area and of the telecommunications business.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.