What you'll be doing...
Verizon is standing up a new team focusing on Emerging Technologies to deliver building blocks for the various teams in the Verizon Consumer Group (VCG), the Verizon Business Group (VBG), and the Global Technology Services (GTS). AI/ML Implementation Specialist will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting various AI/ML models to support the business for various use cases at Verizon. Primary responsibility will be analyzing requirements and implementing applicable AI/ML models.
* Research, design, develop, and test various AI/ML frameworks and models.
* Work with GTS and Business client to understand their business and technical needs and design AI solutions that make the best use of the shared services our team is delivering.
* Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve.
* Document new solutions as well as maintaining that of existing ones.
* Design and implement various transformative and critical Digital Agents, AI Cognitive Services, ML/Deep Learning enhanced business use cases.
* Work with the Automation Delivery team, IT business partners, Functional consultants, and infrastructure/technology teams to meet customer requirements.
* End-end delivery of automation/AI use cases from pilot/design to release.
* Evaluate and classify various AI/ML implementations and map it against applicable use cases.
* Build complex solutions and models from the grounds-up without much supervision. Solutions would include Business use cases across the various Vz Business Units.
* Develop new AI/ML models with little to no supervision off of data acquired directly from business partners.
* Mentor other team members and data analytical groups.
* Take the lead in developing innovative advanced analytical solutions for complex application problems.
* Develop advanced graphic visualization concepts to map and simplify the analysis of heavily-numeric data and reports.
* Work independently with minimal supervision and be an advocate for the adoption of data science, AI/ML solutions across GTS.
* Contribute to the development of a governance process around the use of business and customer data in new ML model, on-prem and on the cloud to ensure its security and privacy. This is a process that would have significant impact on the future use of data in ML models.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's in Computer Science or Engineering or related discipline.
* Experience in building and deploying Machine Learning solutions using various supervised/unsupervised ML algorithms such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, (Deep) Neural Networks, Random Forest, etc.
* Experience in building and deploying ML models using libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet, etc.
* Experience with Machine and Deep Learning toolkits such as MXNet, Caffe and Torch.
* Experience with AWS services related to AI/ML .
* Strong software development experience.
* Experience working with large codebases.
* Experience in one ormore of the following languages: C#, Python, Java, Scala, C++.
* Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, for complex mission-critical solutions.
* Experience with predictive analytics, semi- and unstructured data.
* Experience deploying production-grade machine learning solutions on public cloud platforms.
* Data science experience and experience manipulating/transforming data, model selection, model training, cross-validation and deployment at scale.
* Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
* Experience of working in a DevOps role.
* Four or more years of experience in software development using Python and Node.js for corporate/organizations.
* Two or more years of IT experience in solution architect / data scientist / software development for corporate/organizations.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.