What you'll be doing...
We are seeking a passionate cyber security lead to work with our growing vulnerability management organization. This is a perfect role for a process focused person with a broad technical background as you will be asked to evaluate a wide range of issues within various business units, investigatetheirpotential impacts and then work to create theremediation strategy. The selected candidate will champion vulneravility response and remediation as well as drive efforts to improve enterprise visibility, process & policy, reporting and technology evaluation. Effective communication will be critical to ensure clear communications laterally and through Leadership briefings and escalations. A broad background in technology as well as previous experience with EVM and vulnerability scanning solutions is a plus.
* Act as lead on research into exposure and remediation steps associated with specific vulnerabilities.
* Coordinate the remediation tracking of large volumes of vulnerabilities
* Escalate as necessary to ensure issues are handled in a manner consistent with company and departmental policy
* Aid in the continual improvement of vulnerability identification solutions, associated communications to stakeholders and process reporting.
* Presentation to cross-functional stakeholders and Sr. leadership to ensure the awareness of and ongoing success of the vulnerability reporting and management programs.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with security fundamentals and common vulnerabilities.
Even better if you have:
* Experience with network vulnerability management (will consider incident management,threat intelligence or systems administration as well).
* Experience with the full stack of information technologies and associated security models - including server/OS, database, hardware, network devices, end user compute, application/SDLC, etc. Must be able to speak to the security challenges associated with each.
* Knowledge with common security frameworks (SOX, NIST, FISMA, etc.)
* Multi-departmental project/program management experience a plus.
* Experience working with cyber security and vulnerability management at a large company.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented & organized approach, excellent communication, developed interpersonal skills.
* Ability to translate client and program needs into requirements.
* Knowledge of compliance best practices and knowledge in implementing programs for maintaining compliance for a highly regulated business environment.
* Previous experience working with a non-IT business segment.
* Experience with the telecommunications industry.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.