Costco is looking for an experienced Android Developer to join its mobile app development team, responsible for Costco.com public application. S/he must be proficient in all aspects of a mobile app's lifecycle from concept to delivery. The right candidate may be asked to play the role of development lead on projects, to ensure the delivery of high quality artifacts and to follow Costco's SDLC. This is an excellent opportunity to work on mobile applications for a well-known Fortune 500 company.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Delivers across the entire app life cycle - concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to Play Store and support.
* Interacts directly with other developers and stakeholders to conceptualize, build, test and release products.
* Understands the "cutting edge" technology, while delivering reliable functionality to the market.
* Partners with the User Experience team to build new features.
* Optimizes performance for mobile applications.
* Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends in Android technology.
* Explains technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Provides accurate and timely estimates and work breakdown schedules.
* Creates conceptual and detailed technical design documents.
* Adopts and implements standards and best practices for software development.
* Provides 3rd-level application support for production installed components.
* 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* 4+ years' of mobile app development experience.
* Demonstrable knowledge of Android development, experience with Kotlin is a plus.
* Have worked on apps that are published on Google Play.
* Solid knowledge of mobile user interface development.
* Good problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Experience with Android Studio and Gradle.
* Must have working knowledge of RESTful services.
* Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written. Including ability to work with all management levels.
* Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
* Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
* Must be extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
* Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
* BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience is a plus.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.