The Software Developer is responsible for designing, testing, deploying, and documenting solutions, primarily for SAP systems to support end user reporting and analytics. Primary tools used are SAP BW and HANA Studio, depending on project needs. Other responsibilities include level 2 production support, data modeling and design, as well as collaboration within a team dedicated to producing cross-system, enterprise level data for consumption by reporting and analytic IT teams, and business partners.
Using Agile project methodologies, the Software Developer collaborates with business partners, management, modelers, analysts, architects, DBAs, and other key roles to build and deploy in house solutions, as well as customize vendor packages, that support the business application and reporting solutions. The Software Developer also is expected to document technical information, metadata, and relevant support information.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Designs and develops various BW modeling objects - InfoObjects, MultiProviders, InfoSets, InfoCubes, SPOs, DSOs, InfoSources, Transformations, DTPs, InfoPackages, Open Hub Destinations and APDs * Develops ABAP code in various routines - Start, End, Expert and Transfer routines * Designs and develops various types of Generic Data Sources on SAP source systems * Installs and enhances standard data sources and good understanding of various extractors related to FI, MM, SD, HCM and CRM areas * Extracts and loads master and transaction data using process chains and real time data acquisition * Designs and develops various BEx components - created queries, calculated and restricted key figures, structures, variables, exceptions, conditions, RRI, ad-hoc queries, jump queries, authorization and role maintenance * Gathers and analyzes requirements for new BW projects as well as existing Models * Optimizes performance of the loading and query retrieval of the existing model as well as recommending the best practices for the new models * Develops and maintains change control and quality assurance procedures for code modifications * Ensures all code meets business and performance standards for production usage * Maintains documentation to promote the usefulness of metadata, definitions, & technical information * Partners with business, BI and data analytics teams to produce or support ad-hoc reporting * Partners with enterprise, solution, and data architecture teams to ensure that data from application, ODS and data warehouse sources is accurate and appropriate * Plans and coordinates system deployments, data migration, and other release activities as required
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* At least 5 years' experience in data modeling and design, preferably related to report development * At least 3 years' experience with SAP BW data development tools, including designing and developing of SAP BEx Queries, SAP BW Modelling, extraction and loading from SAP source systems * Demonstrated understanding of one or more SAP ERP module database structures * Experience working with multiple development, data, and design teams to provide a unified product * Possesses excellent written and verbal elicitation and documentation skills to capture abstract concepts * Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and effectively engage with individuals at all levels of the organization, both business and technical * Must possess excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions * Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines * Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules * Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency * Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision * Must be detail oriented, possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze for future issues * Potential 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis
* Understanding of the retail industry, specifically Costco's business areas * Experience developing or understanding of SAP S4HANA and BW4HANA systems * Experience in SQL and ABAP development * Experience in database systems and data design tools, such as Oracle, iSeries, Wherescape and PowerDesigner * Experience with, or understanding of, agile development processes * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.