Costco's current Merchandising IT solutions are distributed across a diverse range of technologies, including: AS400, SAP Retail Solutions, Java web and service solutions, .NET custom solutions, POS front ends, Informatica, Websphere MQ, Hadoop, SQL server, Oracle, and more. We are undertaking a multi-year effort to migrate our existing solutions to a modernized SAP-centric solution that will leverage some of the most exciting SAP technologies such as UI5, HANA and more. The Merchandising solutions group is looking for developers to build and support our new SAP solution. Experience with SAP development is desired, a commitment and passion for delivering quality solutions is a must.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Develops or prototypes software modules at various levels of complexity, including but not limited to: service interfaces, process flows, service messages, SOA components, business logic, UI/UX, or data access logic.
* Develops efficient code in various development languages for enhancements and bug fixes.
* Designs, develops, tests, and deploys software solutions and process flows complying with standards, guidelines, and best practices.
* Develops clear, maintainable, modular and testable code.
* Executes against project plans and delivers assignments within scope, schedule, and budget.
* Creates, executes, and evaluates unit/integration tests.
* Adopts and adapts to newly approved technologies, programming languages, tools, and standards.
* Identifies, assesses, and formulates architectural impacts and solutions from business requirements.
* Collaborates to ensure application designs utilize appropriate patterns and standards.
* Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, including the ability to estimate work needed.
* Assesses functional and nonfunctional requirements and creates designs to meet both business and technical needs.
* Creates conceptual and detailed technical design documents.
* Provides implementation expertise contributing to rollback, post install, data migration, and other artifacts as required including creation of support plans.
* Adheres to security management practices and promotes established security standards.
* Identifies and resolves problems, often anticipating issues before they occur or before they grow, develop and evaluate options, and implement solutions.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Minimum of 7 years' of experience in software development.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience with the SAP (ABAP) development.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience with SAP MDG Development.
* Comfort with writing object oriented code.
* Familiarity and experience with development cycles as a software developer or software developer in test.
* Good understanding of the software development process with a focus on producing high quality code.
* Ability to interface with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability.
* Open minded, quick learner, out-of-box thinking, able to solve problems in a complex system.
* Team player, good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Creative, likes challenges.
* Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
* Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills (OO ABAP, C# or Java preferred).
* A passion to mentor and teach.
* Previous work experience in the retail industry and with a specific focus on merchandising systems.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
About Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.