We are looking for a great Software Engineer who can manage people to raise the bar for a high-performing team that delivers large scale solutions. If you are looking to work on projects that are top organizational priority for the company, provide compelling end-user experiences and improve customer satisfaction, you're in the right place!
As a Manager, Software Engineering in the Cloud team, you have a good track record in writing high quality code and building large scale systems.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* Bachelor's Degree. Computer Science or in a computer programming related field.
* 5 years of software development experience
* Minimum 1 years' experience managing or supervising a team of developers
* Highly competent in the following languages and expert in at least one: Java, Python, C#,
* Expert in at least one of the following domains: public cloud (AWS/Azure), server-side web dev, client-side web dev, REST/web services
* Attitude and aptitude for continually learning new things
* Complete understanding and proven capability to delivery automated infrastructure architectures and scripts (using Cloud Formation, Python, Terraform) on public cloud such as AWS or Azure
* Expertly architect and build highly scalable cloud solutions serving millions of customers
* Experience delivering and contributing to on an Open Source software project
* Experience with web hosted applications in the cloud
* Experience with a server-side web application technology such as: Node.js, JSP, Python
* Experience with agile management tools (Jira/Confluence, Rally)
* Hands-on coding experience developing and designing software and/or responsive web-based solutions
* Experience analyzing large data sets using machine learning or processes mining methods
* Solid understanding of software development frameworks, architecture concepts and terminology
* Expert using version control systems such as GIT, SVN and Visual Studio
* Well-versed, having worked with continuous integration and development (CI/CD) methodologies using Jenkins and other tools.
* Good knowledge of design principles and best practices for implementing web APIs
* MS degree in Computer Science.
* Write high-quality code and mentor others to do the same
* Lead the development efforts for cloud-based applications and infrastructure
* Create development and architecture standards/guidelines for app teams, drive them to adopt the DevOps model
* Develop proof-of-concepts that test specific business use cases using next generation tools and technologies
* Translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications
* Develop support documentation for acceptance of systems changes into production
* Participate in code reviews and walkthroughs of technical specifications with other members of the technical team
* Communicate design, requirements, functionality and limitations of systems/applications
* Utilize departmental agile software development methodologies as a guide for development activities
* Meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables.
* Communicate updates on project progress to development and project management. Escalate issues which may affect project success to management.
* Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training
* Collaborate with other teams including Business, Testing, Project Management and Application Support for successful delivery of systems enhancements.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.