Engineer, Technical Support (Tier2 USD Operations)
This position is based in Snoqualmie, WA.
This position serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the second level (Tier2) technical support team for T-Mobile Customer enabling database, core network nodes (USD, PCRF, GMLC). Performs diagnostic investigation into complex customer-impacting network issues to resolve and identify root causes. Provide technical leadership, guidance and advice to other engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, testing and operating the network. Evaluate and report on design, reliability and maintenance problems to the relevant T-Mobile design or vendor organizations and provide design recommendations to improve the overall customer experience and to drive long-term service improvements. This position is the primary interface between T-Mobile and the Vendor and, as such, requires the engineer to manage day-to-day compliance to the support service level agreements.
Work on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com•Advanced understanding of Operations and Maintenance procedures and Advanced Troubleshooting techniques across multiple platforms
* Advanced understanding of system protocols and interfaces that are used within a wireless network
* Ability to multitask and effectively handle multiple competing priorities
* Advanced understanding of GSM Network Signaling protocols such as ISUP, MAP, BSSMAP/DTAP, SMS, and TCP/IP required
* Solid understanding of GSM/UTRAN network architecture
* Hands-on experience of GSM/UTRAN/Core Network Node and integration to the OSS System
* Advanced analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
* Advanced level vendor management skills, including issue escalation, negotiation of fix delivery dates and management of the service level agreements
* 3+ years' experience in fault analysis within the telecommunications industry
* 2+ years Wireless industry experience in the OSS and network management space
* 2+ years Hands-on experience of GSM/UTRAN/Core Network Node integration to the OSS System
* High School Diploma/GED
* Technical DisciplineQualifications
* 3-5+ years Engineering or Operations experience within the telecommunications/highly technical industry
* Knowledge of Wireless Mobile Internet, Data and Messaging applications
* Advanced analytics and problem-solving skills
* Solid understanding of Operations and Maintenance procedures
* Self-motivated and able to work independently even under pressure situations
* Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work cross functionally to identify and resolve network faults/issues.
* Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
* Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
* Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
* Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
* Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs.
* Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
* Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
* May on occasion, be required to support troubleshooting and escalation issues outside of the normal working hours, including evening, night and weekends.
* This role requires that the engineer participate in an "on call rotation" on an as needed basis to ensure that expert level support is available on a 24x7 basis.
* Scripting experience (ie - Python, Perl, Ansible, etc.)
* Working knowledge of Redhat OpenStack or similar virtualized environment highly desired.
* Strong understanding of the GSM/IMS/LTE network architecture and its related protocols, specially related to HLR/HSS/EIR/GMLC and its interworking with other network elements.
* Working knowledge of Sharepoint and PowerBI web based tools.
* 2+ years working knowledge of Nokia GMLC platform.
* Experience in data center environments and monitoring techniques.
* Oracle DB, Cisco or Linux Certifications a definite plus.
* Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations to resolve network impacting issue
* Working knowledge of Backhaul Design and Capacity Planning, Backhaul System Performance, Core Network Design and Capacity Planning, Core Network Operations and Maintenance, Disaster Recovery Handling, End to End Network Design and planning, Systems Design Validation and Installation.
* Bachelors Degree.
* In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of engineering or operations experience may be considered.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.