The Tjx Companies, Inc.
Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
This lead role in our Global IT Security function will give you the opportunity to combine both a strategic and hands on approach. The role will require you to work across this fast moving global IT function to help shape the strategic plan and roadmap for the future as well as take an active part in leading a growing, global team to build solutions for both existing and future focused business requirements.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
* Provides end to end management and technical oversight of the capabilities in domain
* In collaboration with other IT Partners, develops and maintains roadmaps for domain
* Acts as first point of contact for strategic requests and an escalation point for issues not resolved at a lower level. Serves as a liaison with other IT partners for matters that may or may not be security related
* Maintains a resource plan for all required skills to assure availability of appropriately skilled staff. Addresses gaps and contention issues as needed
* Monitors performance metrics, measures, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure quality and operational efficiency and effectiveness
* Conducts performance appraisals of staff and provides career guidance through regular coaching
* Responsible for maintaining staffing plan for domain
* Special projects as needed
* Strong expertise in designing resilient, instrumented systems at scale
* Understanding of tokenization, data masking, and data dispersion techniques
* Understanding of cryptography and data encryption products (such as Vormetric, Protegrity, Voltage, etc)
* Understanding of rights management, tagging and classification technologies such as Secure Islands/Microsoft AIP, Titus, Varonis)
* Understanding of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) concepts and products (such as Symantec DLP, Digital Guardian, RSA or McAfee DLP, etc.)
* Understanding of database security controls and products (Guardium, Imperva, etc.)
* Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to retail industry cybersecurity (PCI, SOX, GDPR, etc.)
* Contribute toward an execution strategy that focuses on embedding security controls into existing practices to enhance effectiveness. Success will be measured by the comprehensiveness of associated standards/procedures
* Understanding emerging trends, technical reviews, security threats, business requirements, and architectural views in order to provide input on solutions
* Collaborating with business and technology partners to understand the company's business goals, use of cryptography in business processes and cryptographic requirements
* Providing support in guiding business and technology partners on cryptographic and data protection matters
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Database, Merchandising, Data Management, Fashion Retail, Technology, Security, Retail, Data, Fashion
About The Tjx Companies, Inc.
TJX is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.