Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
About This Job:
This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining applications in the TJX digital space. The individual is responsible for designing and coding intermediate to complex projects. The Solution Developer II will be involved in all stages of development while collaborating with various agile teams to complete requested projects.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
* Provides technical direction for the design of medium scale system solutions to effectively meet business needs. Includes technical solution approach and macro design for medium projects or defined components of Enterprise projects.
* Collaborates with internal stakeholders to interpret requirements from varied business units and translate into precise business logic.
* Participates in all phases of software development from inception to implementation and operations support hand off.
* Authors' medium macro level technical designs that define how the functional requirements will be technically enabled
* Maintains estimate artifacts for solution development throughout the project lifecycle.
* Responsible for input into design best practice methodologies and standards.
* Develop and maintain application solutions in accordance to solution delivery process and enterprise change management standards.
* Analyze and provide solutions for new/support projects and on-going issues
* May mentor one or more junior members of the team
* Provides feedback to team on the status of projects.
* Participates in project and user meetings as required.
* Provide subject matter expertise on supported applications
* Test solutions and troubleshoot issues
* Experience developing or working with the Microsoft web development stack (ASP.NET/MVC/Web API/WCF Services, SQL Server, Visual Studio, C#, etc.)
* Experience with MSBI - SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS. Ability to write SQL code & stored procedures, performance tuning and optimization.
* Experience with responsive frameworks, such as Bootstrap
* Experience with AJAX, JQuery, JSON, XML, Node.js
* Familiarity with browser capabilities and debugging
* Experience with Java, PHP,CSS along with HTML
* Experience developing large, complex, stable and highly scalable systems
* Integration and Service API development.
* Familiar with source control tools and associated processes (TFS/SVC)
* Familiar with Agile project tracking tools (Jira)
* Any experience working with CC payment processing integrations is a plus (Gateways)
* Experience with Azure is a plus
* Any experience with code generation utilities is a plus
* Familiarity with retail supply chain business, eCommerce processes, and Merchandising is a plus
* Conceptual understanding of software development process (SDLC)
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Must have excellent communication skills, and be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and written
* Ability to create quality technical documentation
* 6-8 years in IT, specifically in the technical design, development and implementation or support of business systems.
* Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
Nearest Major Market: Framingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: .NET, Developer, Merchandising, Fashion Retail, Information Systems, Technology, Retail, Fashion
TJX is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.