Linux System Administrator
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 Link Training & Simulation is a world leader in providing platform operators and maintainers with total training solutions that improve training effectiveness and efficiency and lower life-cycle costs in a secure cyber environment. L3 Link's innovative solutions provide a full spectrum of state-of-the-art training technologies, including high-fidelity immersive simulations, as well as distributed academic and interactive courseware. The company, headquartered in Arlington, Texas, has delivered military and commercial training systems to customer locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim.
Primary responsibilities of the Linux System Administrator:
* To support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modifications, security, and upgrading of development support systems and simulation components to provide services that enable programs to effectively develop simulation software solutions.
* Working with complex configuration environments; build servers, virtual labs, generalizing tools to accommodate multiple languages and architectures, and assuring tools and processes scale to accommodate the evolving needs of our diverse teams.
* Work closely with the production release and operations teams to establish consistent, high quality, and packaged builds for deployment to our internal and external customers.
* Creation of media and procedures for execution of training device coldstart both in-plant and at customer facilities.
* Work with other team members to design development system architectures and topologies for both general and simulation specific purposes.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Prefer 5 years experience as an intermediate to advanced Linux and Windows System Administrator
* A BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* Intermediate to advanced Linux and Windows System Administration, knowledge of hardware, as well as expertise in command line tools.
* General Administration of Unix/Linux - Installation, Users Creation, Group Creation, Permissions, Creations of Folders, FTP, DNS, Proxy, Samba, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NFS/CIFS/FCP
* Maintain network services such as DNS, LDAP, and NTP
* Configure, manage, monitor, and optimize on-line, near-online and off-line storage systems (NAS, SAN, NFS etc)
* Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution
* Deploy and support development system infrastructures
* Mastery of shell scripting
* Help develop tools to maintain and monitor the server, network and storage infrastructure; proactively track performance and utilization of system resources
* Maintain documentation for systems and data storage process and procedures
* Deploy and support applications into a high availability environment
* Plan and implement smooth transitions between product revisions and application deployments
* Perform new hardware and Linux OS installations, patching and upgrades
* Maintain operating systems and associated infrastructure software
* Install and maintain Server OS and configuration using automated installation tools like Kickstart and Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)
* Install and maintain configuration management tools Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest or Atlassian and Perforce/Git
* Effective understanding and implementation of software and process protection methods to guard against security breaches and intrusion
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD SECRET Clearance is required
* RedHat Linux and Windows Server System Administration, TCP/IP Networking, SSH, Bourne, Perl and shell scripting, Cisco IOS, load balancers
* Familiar with network distributed computing environments and experience with running small closed room datacenters and high transactional production environments
* Strong problem solving and analysis of system and application errors
* Strong communication skills to effectively interact with projects, vendors, and other teams to isolate and resolve issues
* Strong ability to gather and quickly analyze data through dynamic scripting or managed collection of data to isolate issues
* Effective in the use of standard operating system tools and utilities to generate structured results or data in a portable manner across multiple servers
* Security Certification
* Effective automation and/or job scheduling skills using cron or other methods to produce repeatable results on a periodic basis
* Monitoring using SNMP, MRTG, Nagios
* Understanding of commercial high-availability data center access policies
* Strong writing skills to effectively communicate root cause analysis and other feedback
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.