L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is looking for entry level aero, flight controls, propulsion, aerodynamics, and aircraft systems modeling software engineering talent who will design, develop, document, test and debug applications for real-time aircraft simulation products. This is a hands on software/Aero engineering position.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Developing high fidelity, scalable, physics-based Aerodynamics and Aircraft Systems Software models for training systems Real-Time simulation applications
* Supporting functional requirements implementation for software systems
* Create new simulation models using established and new modeling techniques
* Design, develop, code, integrate and test simulation software to meet requirements
* Troubleshoot and maintain existing simulation models. Apply software engineering principles to complete assigned tasks and schedule commitments
* Completing work with a reasonable amount of direction
* Apply sound engineering principles, develop innovative solutions and participate in design reviews
* Prepare, check and coordinate release of support documentation to appropriate program and company standards
* Communicate status/issues along with solutions/recommendations to lead engineers
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
* BS in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent required
* Intermediate level of C and/or other high order languages
* Ability to navigate and develop basic scripts in LINUX
* Version control over code
* Must have thorough understanding of aerodynamics effects, weight / balance, drag, Ground Interaction, atmosphere and equations of motion
* Basic understanding of aircraft systems modeling and simulation
* Must exhibit creativity and strong problem-solving skills
* Must possess the ability to work within and positively contribute to a team environment
Preferred coursework experience
* Flight performance, aerodynamics, stability and control analysis
* Propulsion system analysis
* Computer Aided Engineering Tools
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.