We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) is one of four L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology, join us.
As a Principal Software Architect you will be responsible for analyzing complex requirements, overseeing and providing technical guidance in the development of new software architecture designs for software systems that could include embedded software, applications, board support packages, and low level libraries.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Responsible for the evaluation, design, and development of software systems, including creating architectural approaches for software design and implementations to guide the development team. * Collaborates with engineers from all disciplines to determine functional and non-functional requirements for software systems. * Collaborates with Customers to identify business requirements. * Employs Model Based Systems Engineering methodologies and tools to create representations of functionality and interfaces of the software system. * Defines all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards * Contribute to the development of software requirement specifications for the software system * Contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of the software test plans and procedures * Lead a team of software engineers to meet program objectives through the entire software development lifecycle. * Other duties as assigned.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with the existing DoD Secret clearance with
* current 5-year update. Ability to obtain and maintain additional clearances as required
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science. * A minimum of 12 years of experience designing and building complex software systems/applications * Familiarity with system modeling and the ability to describe the system using standard artifacts (e.g. DoDAF, SysML, UML) * Experience creating UML artifacts to fully describe software architecture and design * Experience estimating and justifying size/cost/schedule of a software development effort * Experience evaluating and choosing technologies that facilitate and enable implementation of the architecture * Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) process. * Experience writing project documentation and creating development standards * A minimum of 12 years experience developing in C * Broad, extensive and modern knowledge of the software development process and its technologies * Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns * Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages * Strong understanding of all aspects of the software engineering discipline * Understanding of Agile or Evolutionary development methodologies (or similar) * Understanding of software metrics and performance measures Experience developing software in/for Linux (e.g. gcc, make, cmake, llvm, valgrind, gdb) * Comfortable scripting (e.g. python, bash) * Fluent in C , the STL, and C 11/14/17 features * Knowledge of design patterns (e.g. MVC, Factory, Builder) * Good communication and leadership skills * Physical requirements include the ability to travel up to 10%and the ability to lift up to 20lbs.
* Familiarity with systems engineering development methodologies, such as Model Based Systems Engineering * Experience designing systems for embedded systems * Familiarity with RF design/concepts * Experience developing and working against a schedule
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.