At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products' are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings' to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics has an exciting opportunity for a Solutions Architect who will also lead projects.This is a great time to join a dynamic team in a fast growing organization.
We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional Solutions Architect to support the Software Products and Enterprise Solutions Department within Engineering. In this role, you will help us to architect, build and enhance our cloud platform with new features for our customers. You will drives multi discipline projects. You must be creative, thrive on solving problems, and should motivate and lead people. You will be a senior level technical contributor as well as an effective leader of a cross discipline development team. You will coordinate and monitor all aspects of the product development lifecycle across multiple technology platforms and disciplines. You will also provides technical support and mentoring to project team members.
* Analyze product requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
* Provide technical leadership to assigned product to ensure architectural (Diagram of Components/Modules and Communication paths) and functional specification correctness
* Coordinate activities with Discipline Leads and engineers to create Module/Unit and Interface specification, implementation, integration and testing of product
* Contribute to the development activities such as architecture & design, project estimates, scheduling, integration planning and deliverables.
* Main point of contact with vendors/partners on technical matters. Ensure coordination of project dependencies and perform code reviews of software deliverables.
* Consult with other team members to evaluate both the integration between hardware and software and the operational and performance requirements of overall systems
* Review test plans to ensure they cover all product requirements
* Lead the Firmware/Software integration phase by developing swim lane integration plan, and complete definition of integration entry criteria. Pull team together when necessary to improve team communications and ensure efficient problem solving and smooth integration cycle
* Resolve technical issues and technical differences between technical team members. Escalates to directors when necessary.
* Work with the Discipline Leads to ensure that each bug is assigned to the proper team and engineer
* Work with Tech Manager to prioritize product backlog
* Manage technical risks, reports regularly on risks and mitigation steps to the Project Manager and directors
* Provide ongoing feedback from previous lessons learned and guidance to improve project team performance
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Business Information Systems is required
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in architecting and building enterprise scale systems is required.
* Strong experience architecting and building multi-tenant PaaS cloud solutions the with the Microsoft Azure platform.
* Strong experience with cloud software design patterns (micro services, messaging, distributed caching, etc.)
* Strong experience setting project vision/scope, building the team to deliver, and overseeing delivery.
* Strong experience building product delivery schedules and roadmaps.
* Proven track record of successfully adopting new technology at an enterprise-wide level.
* Exceptional communication skills and proven record of accomplishment of presenting to executive-level leadership.
* Strong experience leading a technical project teams with the ability to lead people, provide direction, and set clear objectives.
* Experience with continuous integration concepts and tools, such as Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
* Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies and have applied them on a Scrum team.
* Experience with Azure technologies is required: IoT Hub, Event Hub, Service Bus, Micro Services, Service Fabric, Web sites, Web roles, Worker roles, Distributed Cache, Document DB, HD Insight etc.
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
BenefitsAt Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. 401K with company contribution, Paid Vacation, Holidays and more!
We have new onsite state of the art fitness and wellness centers at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.
* No Solicitation*
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
About Crestron Electronics
Crestron Electronics is a manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems for the office, campus, and home.