At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products' are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings' to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Linked In and many others.
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities, as a result, we have exciting opportunities for a Sr. Verification Engineer to join our Firmware team in Plano, TX
We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional Automation Developer and Administrator needed to streamline and accelerate the Verification Engineering process. In this role you will be responsible for creating and running automated tests as well as collecting results for new and existing Creston products. You will also help maintain a set of servers used in the verification process (e.g. Jenkins, Bugzilla, Subversion.)
* Helps in formulating the verification strategy for new and existing products
* Create, modify and debug test code to verify the development and integration of our new products within the Crestron Ecosystem
* Design and develop tests, software, hardware test fixtures, test data sets, and automation tools where required
* Write and implement test plans, test activities and report on testing performed
* Be proactive and adhere stringently to processes and deliver high levels of quality in a timely manner
* Communicate and collaborate with hardware, firmware, and software design engineers to solve cross-functional design issues
* Integrating software applications with new firmware platforms and control systems
* Support and improve tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management
* Continual improvement of the efficiency of our build/release/deploy process (via automation, new tools)
* Administration and maintenance of our mission critical tools, such as: SVN, Jenkins, Wiki, Coverity, etc...
* Monitoring of performance and access to these applications including usage and intrusion
* Discovering, specifying, installing, and maintaining new applications as needed
* Developing and maintaining process for regular backups of all user-generated data
* Maintenance of license servers for compilers and other Engineering tools
* Maintenance of multiple virtual machines (e.g. VMWare) used for development and automated builds
* Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Science.
* Must have 10 or more years of experience in automation and operations.
* Understanding of test development and automation is required
* Ability to assemble, analyze and evaluate data and to be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to the business stakeholders and team members is required
* Strong Object Oriented Programming skills using Java, C++ / VB.net or C# is required
* Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills are required
* Experience using embedded systems, PC platforms, and lab test equipment is preferred
* Have exceptional problem solving and communication skills (oral and written)
* Be creative and 'think outside the box' to arrive at solutions
* Experience with networking/wireless technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, 802.11)
* Experience with subversion, GIT, or at least one source control system
* Experience with Bash, PowerShell or Python
* Must be proficient within a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP/Python) server platform with Microsoft Windows clients
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and see projects through to completion very important
* Experience of continuous integration build systems (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, CruiseControl)
* Experience in large scale continuous integration / delivery processes, tools / workflow automation
* Experience with managing multi-site source control and large code bases
* Experience with build and automation tools such as Bitbake, make, bash, python
* Experience with Programming Crestron Equipment using Simpl/Simpl+ or Simpl# desirable
* Experience with virtualization (e.g. VMware, KVM)
* Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker)
* Experience of using tools to integrate best practices like static code analysis, integration tests, code coverage analyzers
* Experience with Windows servers
BenefitsAt Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. 401K with company contribution, Paid Vacation, Holidays and more!
We have new onsite state of the art fitness and wellness centers at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
* No Solicitation*
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
About Crestron Electronics
Crestron Electronics is a manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems for the office, campus, and home.