At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products' are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings' to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Linked In and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting and opportunistic industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities, as a result, we have exciting opportunities for a Firmware Engineer to join our Digital Media team in Rockleigh, NJ 07647.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have exciting opportunities for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join our Firmware Engineering team. This role may reside in either Rockleigh, NJ 07647 or Plano, TX 75024. This is a great time to join a dynamic team in a fast growing organization. We need a creative engineer, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment.
We will look for you to showcase your strong embedded system knowledge and firmware development experience and apply your expertise in embedded system's firmware design, development, and support for our next generation products.
* As a member of the firmware development team, your daily activities will include the full life-cycle of design, develop, modify, test, debug, and support the new as well as the existing firmware for all our streaming products.
* Work closely with Hardware, and Software design engineers to solve cross-functional design issues.
* Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
* A minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required
* A minimum of 10 years of proven experience developing and debugging applications in an embedded system
* Must have strong C or C++ programming skills
* Experience for microcontroller peripherals and systems (e.g. boot loaders, interrupt and trap functions, serial interfaces, like I2C and SPI, USB, Ethernet, LCD controllers, etc.)
* Experience with debugging tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
* Experience with wireless low power communication networks and protocols (e.g. 802.15.4, Zigbee, Bluetooth, etc.)
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills detail
* Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls
* Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
* Must have the ability to work in a fast moving environment
* Must possess a strong team orientation
The following additional skills a plus
* Experience with a Real Time Operating System (RTOS)
* Experience with communication networks and protocols
* Experience with thermostats and HVAC systems a plus
* Experience with Control Theory (e.g. PID, loop filters, etc.)
BenefitsAt Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. 401K with company contribution, Paid Vacation, Holidays and more!
We have new onsite state of the art fitness and wellness centers at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
* No Solicitation*
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
About Crestron Electronics
Crestron Electronics is a manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems for the office, campus, and home.