Partners Data Systems
MultiThreaded Engineering, UX and Design at Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it's helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients' closets - and they love us for it!
We've built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people to contribute!
About the Role
Stitch Fix's Client Fix History team is hiring for empathetic, curious engineers to join our growing team. We build software - both customer-facing & backend - that makes it easier for our clients to deepen their relationship with Stitch Fix. We do this by focusing on features that empower clients to view & interact with their previous purchases. We're motivated by our ability to improve clients' interactions with Stitch Fix & measure the impact of our work on the business. We are a distributed team that collaborates & pair-programs across 3 time-zones, and we love building relationships that enable everyone to learn & ask questions.
* Are enthusiastic about technology
* Are motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
* Are respectful, empathetic, and curious
* Thrive in collaborative teams with a shared goal
* Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
* Have roughly 5+ years of professional programming experience.
* Are comfortable working independently to build full-stack features with Ruby on Rails
* Enjoy mentoring your teammates & seeing their skills develop
* Might have experience working with distributed teams
* Might have experience with ReactJS
* Might have experience with microservice architectures
* Might have experience with Postgres, Redis and/or RabbitMQ
* Empowers clients to view & interact with their previous purchases
* Enjoys pair-programming with our direct teammates.
* Collaborates with engineers on other teams to build sensible software
* Partners closely with product management & designers
* Solves business problems that frequently (not always) involve writing code
* Is responsible for the ongoing health and maintenance of the apps we build
* Iterates on our agile-inspired process to help us build better software
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
* Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
* Are a technologically and data-driven business.
* Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
* Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
* Get to be creative every day.
* Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
* Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
* Have sunny offices in downtown San Francisco, CA
* Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
* Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we're about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We're the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.