Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 29857
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Platform Design Services is a core platform and infrastructure integrated team responsible for designing, building and deployed platform solution for the enterprise on premise or in the cloud. We thrive to build and deliver efficient reliable and scalable platform solution in a hybrid cloud environment. Our team has an innovative and disruptive opportunity for a Level 3 Cloud Engineer to lead our expansion to the public clouds, from design, build, deployment and support.
The ideal candidate is a creative and intellectually curious senior level engineer, who is passionate about leading edge distributed computing platform and have an passion for efficiency using automation and devops tool chains.
As part of a high velocity, results-oriented team, you will play an integral part in building and advancing the enterprise cloud technology eco-system and actively participate in building a culture of technical excellence.
* Lead or participate in the design and build-out of technologies that empower and enhance developer productivity including containers and container management and orchestration.
* Embrace automation and Infrastructure-as-code to support the fast and efficient deployment of hybrid cloud solution for IaaS and PaaS.
* Key contributor to design, build and support end-to-end cloud automation of application delivery from containerization to integration with CI/CD platforms.
* Transformative contributor to the effort of implementing solution to support the adoption and deployment of cloud native services and APIs.
* Influence the devops engineering culture and inculcate related best practices across the enterprise.
* Under general direction, implements and manages the solution delivery cycle:
* Design and develop technical solutions to enhance the enterprise cloud environment on-premise or in the cloud.
* Plan and lead deployment of all aspects of cloud solution in a large production environment
* Design, build and implement cloud environment (IaaS, PaaS) for workload migration or deployment
* Define and meet scalability, availability, security and performance goals for the solution
* Drive technical innovation and efficiency via automation
* Develops and maintains documentation, train and mentor other technology engineering in the adoption and use of cloud solutions
* Participate in research and analyze cloud technology trends for potential impact to the enterprise technology strategy.
* Communicate and work effectively with all levels of staffs including senior management
* Works with other technology teams to influence and practice continuous and iterative improvement to deployed solution
* Leads by example and provide mentoring to junior team members
* Leads and is consulted on complex and cross functional troubleshooting and problem resolution
To be successful in this position, you will need a strong understanding and hands on experience with implementing and deployed IaaS, PaaS workloads in a hybrid deployment model
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent with
* 5+ years of platform engineering or system engineering with at least 2-3 most recent years of experience in distributed computing or cloud computing platforms (2 or more) including
* Redhat Openshift
* AWS and Azure cloud services (IaaS and PaaS)
* Docker technology, Kubernetes
* Comfortable and productive in at least one of the following configuration tools and automation platform:
* Azure Runbook/Azure resource manager, powershell DSC
* AWS Cloudformation and cloudformation template
* Experience in CI/CD tool chains such as
o Atlassian Suite
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.