Effective communication is hard. It requires talent, skill, and a lot of effort. Enter Grammarly, the first widely adopted AI communication assistant helping people with the substance and impact of their writing. Grammarly helps millions of people make their written communication clear, mistake-free, and effective. With a $110 million growth equity investment, Grammarly is changing the way the world communicates-enabling people to write exactly what they mean, and be fully understood.
To help us reach that goal, we're looking for a bright, experienced research lead with a keen interest and background in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning. In this role, you will work with other researchers, engineers, and linguists to create the next generation of writing and communication assistance tools. So if you relish the challenge of leading a team of researcher engineers to research and build exciting new products that will impact millions of lives, we'd love to meet you!
At Grammarly, our impact comes from a strong culture with highly engaged, highly motivated team members. We hire exceptional people and reward them with trust, autonomy, mentorship, and the freedom to grow into their roles. We're a passionate, growing team on a mission to improve lives by improving communication.
What You Will Accomplish
* Lead research projects, mentor research engineers, and stay abreast of the latest technologies.
* Develop state-of-the-art tools for correcting, improving, and enhancing written English by using a variety of NLP, Machine Learning (ML), and Deep Learning (DL) technologies.
* Productionize and ship these features into Grammarly's products, which are used by millions of users daily.
* Improve Grammarly's language core in multiple ways, ranging from optimizing basic NLP algorithms to building high-performance ML/DL models.
* Contribute to the technical culture of the company by defining and maintaining research standards, methods, and best practices.
* Collaborate with other NLP team leaders in the development of the research strategy.
* Attract professionals in the industry to build a best-in-class research team that creates a state-of-the-art writing platform.
* Be an active member of the AI community, by attending and speaking at events in the US and abroad and by contributing to technical journals and blogs.
Talents You Bring to the Team
* Embody our E.A.G.E.R values (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable).
* Research mentality and math-oriented mindset.
* Knowledge of ML/DL theory and experience with ML/DL frameworks.
* Practical experience in solving NLP problems using ML/DL.
* A focus on productionizing research projects and launching user-facing features.
* Proficiency in at least two programming languages (preferably Python and Java).
* Leadership and mentorship skills.
* Good written and spoken English.
* An open, honest, kind, and cheerful disposition, plus a decent sense of humor.
What Grammarly Offers You
* Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
* Project exposure and ownership that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
* Health care, communication coaching, and great coworkers!
Grammarly's AI-powered products help people communicate more effectively. Grammarly is available in a variety of writing interfaces, including browser and desktop integrations to help users in both their personal and professional lives, whether they are communicating through email or social media, applying for jobs, or even filling out online dating profiles. It also increases productivity and efficiency for professionals in a wide range of fields, including marketing, sales, engineering, customer support, and education. Grammarly is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York and Kyiv.
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly's team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.
Grammarly offers a tool that corrects contextual spelling mistakes, checks for common grammar errors, and provides citation suggestions.