At Grammarly, we believe that everyone should be heard and understood. We know that clear and effective communication improves people's lives. We also know that we want to help everyone improve their communication. That's why we've built an AI-powered communication assistant-to help the world's 2 billion English speakers feel heard. So far, we've created a product that reaches 20 million people every day. Join us to reach the next 100 million.
The Browser Extension Team
The Extensions Team at Grammarly is a small, collaborative team where every engineer's work directly impacts millions of users. We're a bunch of curious, life-long learners who get excited about solving novel technical challenges at scale. We're not building a traditional web app - we're creating a seamless, thoughtful way for users to directly access Grammarly's sophisticated AI system at any time, on any site. In a domain without established best practices, our challenge is to pioneer innovative and maintainable solutions that enhance the core experience of the web.
* Create a delightful user experience that scales to the entire web and meets Grammarly's users anywhere they write.
* Develop new features to enrich our users' core web experience and pioneer best practices with cutting-edge web APIs beyond conventional web apps.
* Own the full user engagement experience, from the setup flow to features targeting power users.
* Build in-product feedback cycles using our proprietary, sophisticated user engagement metrics system.
* Continue to build your acumen in functional reactive programming, starting with Typescript and React, and pushing the technical frontier from there.
* Build and contribute to open source frameworks and libraries that impact millions of users every day.
This is the right opportunity for you if…
* You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable).
* You have at least three years of related professional work experience.
* You have strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures (CS degree is preferred).
* You have experience hacking rich text editors (like Draft.js or Quill), building browser extensions, or working with low-level browser APIs (like Selection or document.execCommand).
It almost goes without saying that we'll offer you
* Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
* Project exposure and ownership that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
* Health care, 401K, communication coaching, and great coworkers!
Our commitment to diversity
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly's team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.
Grammarly offers a tool that corrects contextual spelling mistakes, checks for common grammar errors, and provides citation suggestions.