Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fin-tech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We're seeking a Java Developer (in Test) / SDET / Software Development Engineer in Test, based at our San Francisco, California location. In this role, you will work as part of fast paced scrum team in developing solutions that enable end to end deliveries including quality verification as part of the Payments platform team.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
* Provide solution implementation including system set-ups, development, system and integration testing, unit testing.
* Work on automation test suites and enabling Data driven Testing.
* Troubleshoot application issues and coordinate issue resolution with operations, functional, and technical teams.
What you will need to succeed:
* 3-5 years of experience in Software Development in Test, Automation Testing, Software Engineering and Architecture experience in a fast-paced corporate environment.
* Comprehensive experience in Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB, HTML, XML, Web 2.0, AJAX, REST, JSON Web Services, Oracle Database and PL-SQL.
* Experience in CD/CI tools, Jenkins. Maven, SoapUI.
* Experience generating technical Documents, Test plans, Test cases, functional solution documentation.
* Experience with architecture design concepts and techniques and the ability to communicate and evangelize those concepts to a broad-based team.
* Understanding of various development methodologies, including: Traditional Waterfall and Iterative Development Methods (Unified Process and Agile).
* Strong problem-solving skills, ability to triage technical issues and drive resolution with cross functional teams.
* Thrives on working under pressure in a fast-paced multi-project environment. Must be able to multi-task, handling numerous competing priorities.
What will make you stand out:
* Hands on experience integrating with banks, acquirers and processors in an eCommerce environment.
* Have proven experience in working with a team of engineers and Service providers in a geographically. distributed structure.
* Strong communication skills with ability to interact with partners globally.
* Fluency in more than one language (English required).
What's in it for you?
* Competitive global pay and benefits.
* Great experience working with a robust back end team, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career and learn and leverage cutting edge technologies.
* Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries.
What it's like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO's in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We'd love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.
About Western Union
Western Union is a global provider of money movement and payment services for consumers and businesses.