Does playing a critical role in the design, development and testing of optimal telecommunications networks and related processes sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We're seeking a Sr. Network Engineer, based in our Denver CO, headquarters office.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
* Responsible for the design, development and testing of optimal telecommunications networks and related processes. Will have the overall responsibility to ensure that the network design for supporting the business is provided and implemented in a timely fashion consistent with the business and traffic goals
* Will interface with the network suppliers to ensure their responsiveness to the business needs
* Will provide a focal point for evaluating the performance of the network. Also, will be responsible for the ongoing review of the network to ensure that the most efficient and cost-effective telecommunications environment is provided
* Additionally, should maintain a personal awareness of state-of-the-art global telecommunications software and hardware development methodologies
* Should also cultivate industry contacts appropriate to keep abreast of technical and management issues pertinent to maintaining Western Union's telecommunication network
* Will be studying current telecom cost in depth and proposing alternative methods to reduce cost and improve service quality
* Responsible for proposing and testing the use of new telecom products and networks
What you will need to succeed:
* CCNA Certification or equivalent
* Bachelor's Degree
* 7+ years of related experience
* 7+ years of experience with TCP/IP Networking
* Load Balancing and DNS knowledge preferably in F5 technologies
* Expertise in routing protocols, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, etc
* Cisco experience: Cisco ACI, Routers, Switches and Firewalls
* 7+ years knowledge and use of Network Management products, SNMP protocol and other relevant protocols
* Ability to work under limited supervision and able to self-manage their workload to achieve the team's goals
* Good communication skills and knowledge of analytical and problem-solving techniques
* Some work will require traveling and some will take place after normal business hours and on weekends. Willing to perform On-call support
What will make you stand out:
* CCNP or any equivalent professional certification
* Checkpoint and Cisco Firewalls knowledge
What's in it for you?
* Competitive global pay and benefits
* Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
* Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it's like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO's in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We'd love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.
About Western Union
The Western Union Company is an American financial service and communications company.