Partners Data Systems
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation.
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
About the Position
As an IT Systems Administrator at Invenergy, you will be working in a highly virtualized Microsoft server environment that leverages Hyper-V virtualization, Active Directory, Azure, IaaS and cloud services, Cisco and HP server hardware, Office 365, Skype for Business, NetApp SAN and NAS storage devices, and Cisco-based networks that support highly available enterprise solutions at 40+ locations around the globe with 24/7 operations. In this role you will serve as a systems administrator for our Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Azure and IaaS, and related Microsoft enterprise technologies. You will be part of Invenergy's IT systems administration team where you will provide proactive systems maintenance to the company's most critical systems. You will be the third point of escalation in the incident support process and you will lead investigations in resolving complex incidents. You will work alongside other IT teams such as Networking and End-Point and participate in projects and deliver IT solutions to the company. You will be a key contributor to the IT change management process as well as participate in the out-of-hours on-call support rotation. At Invenergy, you will be joining a team of IT professionals who are proud to work for a company that is at the forefront of producing energy from renewable and clean energy resources.
* Proactively maintain server & storage systems, including but not limited to;
* Conduct regular OS and application updates/patching
* Implement/monitor/administer server backups
* Monitor and manage system capacities and address resource constraints before they become serious problems
* identify and deliver on other areas of regular proactive maintenance that minimizes unexpected downtime increases system availability and performance
* Monitor the server support ticket queue for server and storage-related escalation cases from the Level 1 & 2 support teams and automated monitoring systems
* Participate in disaster recovery failovers for business applications and associated systems
* Assist in building process, procedures, and documentation for infrastructure operations and deployments.
* Make recommendations for improving IT systems and processes
* Participate in projects, including those driven by IT and also those driven by other business lines
* Participate in the IT Off-Hours support rotation following the company's incident response and escalation policy
* Participate in the IT Change Management process and regularly scheduled maintenance windows outside business hours
* Collaborate with IT counterparts and other department members
* Adhere to the company's values and behaviors while providing competent, proactive support to the company's server and storage environments and delivering IT solutions
* May require occasional travel to local Chicago metro data centers and offices for supporting systems
* May require infrequent travel to offices and power sites in the United States for supporting systems and building new systems
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
* Minimum Education: Associate's Degree in an information technology or related field, or demonstrated comparable experience
* Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in an information technology-related field
* Required Certification: None
* Preferred Certification: Microsoft MSCA and Cisco CCNA
* Experience Requirement: Overall minimum 4 years' experience in a Windows Systems Engineer or Administrator role
* Must have a valid driver's license with no restrictions
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Works well both alone or in a team setting
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
About the Infrastructure
Technology at Invenergy consists of a modern, cutting edge IT environment running the Microsoft stack and utilizing best of breed hardware and software solutions. The core infrastructure utilizes virtual server technology supporting 550 private and public cloud-based virtual machines and 250 on-premise physical virtualization hosts. Core switching and routing is with industry best equipment and connected via a hybrid of enterprise MPLS, site-to-site VPNs, and private circuits. We utilize some of the most advanced cyber security tools and approaches available to help keep our environment safe and protected. We employ IaaS and SaaS solutions for rapid and diverse solution delivery. We use virtual desktop infrastructure to power our 24/7 generation operations control center. As we continue to grow, we continue to strategically look for innovative ways to enhance Invenergy's IT solutions.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.