Partners Data Systems
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Graebel Van Lines is the largest independent Van Line in the US and a leader in corporate and residential moving services, warehousing and comprehensive workplace solutions. Recently receiving its Women Owned Business status (WEBNC) and headquartered in Dallas, the new re-launched company is built on the legacy of the Graebel family, which began in 1950, and continued, by its recent acquisition from successful moving industry experts Vauna and Robert Peterson. We are an energetic, fast paced company looking for someone who will operate with integrity, energy and a passion for being the best.
The Helpdesk Support Technician is the first point of contact in troubleshooting and solving end user problems. The Helpdesk Support Technician responds to a high volume of telephone calls on a daily basis and applies knowledge of hardware and software packages that operate the various computerized systems such as e-mail and the Internet. The Helpdesk Support Technician receives and reports computer system alerts, user calls, and through diagnostic procedures, resolves service requests.
* Provide first-level technical support to end users at all locations
* Receive telephone calls, e-mails or other communications from users requesting assistance in solving problems, obtaining technology services or guidance in technology utilization
* Listen to users to establish facts about a problem, what the user did leading up to the problem and deduce sources of error
* Respond to questions and apply knowledge of computer software, hardware and procedures
* Obtain sufficient user information for technical staff; Follow up with users as needed
* Create service tickets in an assigned help desk software system
* Communicate step by step instructions to users
* Utilize software to access computers remotely
* Determine whether problem is caused by hardware, such as a network interface card, disk drive, printer, cables, or software, such as drivers, operating systems or applications
* Perform software upgrades remotely
* Dispatch requests and expedite emergency requests according to established procedures
* Confer with fellow Help Desk workers and utilize manuals or Internet resources to research problems and identify solutions
* Identify and refer problems that require higher level technical resources to Information Technology Division Staff for resolution
* Create and modify user accounts for assigned computer systems in accordance with established procedures; Test user logins; reset passwords for a variety of software applications
* Verify web based programs and Internet sites are accessible
* Reset and reboot desktops as necessary
* Support conference room equipment
* Conduct site visits and trainings and attend meetings as assigned by the position
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCES
* High school diploma required; Associate's Degree preferred
* Two years of experience at a help desk assisting computer users in a networked environment
* Any other combination of training and experience that could likely provide the desired skills, knowledge or abilities may be considered
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills are a must
Graebel Van Lines, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Graebel Van Lines is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.