This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields of study andfive (5) years' analytics and project experience in data querying, statistical programming and data visualization using tools such as SAS, SQL, R, Power BI, Tableau, or SSRS. Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Computer Science, Health Administration or other quantitative fields of study preferred. Position requires equivalent of 3 years' experience supporting analytics efforts for performance improvement projects or Certification in LEAN/Six Sigma Green Belt or Certification as a Project Management Professional. Master's degree and prior health care industry experience preferred.
1. Leads highly complex projects and serves as primary customer contact. Defines and maintains project plan and schedules. Monitors compliance with definitions of project scope, timelines, and deliverables. Provides regular project status reports to customer and internal management.
2. Designs and develops predictive and advanced analytics, utilizing multiple data sources simultaneously.
3. Analyzes and organizes data using the appropriate analytical and statistical methods, which includes: a) Ability to analyze and evaluate information to support a decision or recommendation b) Critically examining the information and make judgements-test, critique, defend, and criticize the information c) Anticipate and plan strategies for overcoming obstacles
4. Designs, develops or recommends improvements to management reporting tools as needed.
5. Sets team and departmental standards for reporting and analysis methodology.
6. Leads lower level analysts in the collection, interpretation and analysis of clinical data to support organizational decision making, clinical and quality initiatives and strategic planning activities. Runs data queries and produces consistently accurate analyses with value added recommendations.
7. Generally organizes, plans for scheduling, coordinating resources, and meeting deadlines. In addition to supporting the successful execution of assignments, these skills support the development of effective working relationships with stakeholders by facilitating trust and transparency.
8. Sets team and departmental standards for project management templates, expectations and guidelines.
9. Provides practical recommendations through thorough research on business process improvements and clinical operation benchmarks to directors and executive leaders. Assists in developing and implementing business strategies in departments to improve clinical outcomes and productivity.
10. Leads executive level meetings with prior preparation such as meeting agendas, analytical presentations and project plans. Builds positive collaborative relationships with clinical leadership, departmental personnel, and executive sponsors. Assists managerial staff in consensus building through a combination of leadership and facilitation.
11. Provides analytics architectural oversight and guides the process of developing business requirements documents. Enables the analytics teams to collaborate with the data warehouse department through entire development cycle.
12. Ensures analyst teams record time spent on projects to meet cost-recovery requirements.
13. Supervises lower level analysts. Significantly contributes to employee performance evaluations and recommends disciplinary actions, as needed. Assesses performance levels by monitoring results and providing positive and constructive feedback. Contributes significantly to annual performance evaluations.
14.Work with the DSRIP team, IR and Clinics to report on the DSRIP program status. This includes understanding the data warehouse and pulling data from the system that can pass audit and be utilized for reporting and performance improvement activities.
Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.