Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 29853
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): San Antonio (TX)
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
As a Network Security Engineer based in San Antonio or Irvine, you will plan, create, and drive the establishment of network technology platforms and solutions that support CG's business processes. The Network Security Engineer provides technical guidance by identifying and recommending technology direction to achieve a more secure, efficient, available and scalable cloud and on premise environment. The Network Security Engineer also provides domain expertise to resolve complex issues and performs detailed network analysis across a range of network and other technologies both on premise as well as cloud and hosted environments. The Network Security Engineer translates complex business requirements into Network technology solutions and works across technical disciplines ensuring solutions are cross-functional and optimized.
* Develops Enterprise network design projects and initiatives.
* Participates in directional recommendation, taking into account multiple factors, including risks, alignment with current and future network performance specifications and cost/benefit analysis.
* Implements automation workflows and scripts across a broad range of network infrastructure.
* Designs and creates new infrastructure components and integrations which provide environment and operational simplicity.
* Contributes to overall Enterprise Network standards, engineering specifications and configurations for enterprise communication.
* Creates documentation and procedures necessary to provision and manage performance and capacity. Defines operational parameters and events for ops leads.
* Proactively researches and identifies new Cloud Network technologies that will affect business policies, procedures and practices and recommends appropriate changes and areas of future enhancement.
* Engages peers in technical dialog considering new ideas and applicability to CG environment.
* Responds to complex network incident escalations as necessary; performing advanced analysis and troubleshooting; determines root cause to facilitate resolution in conjunction with administration and operational staff.
* Understands architectural concepts and can create design artifacts (detailed diagrams and documentation) for engineering and operational peers.
* 4+ years expertise with the following Network Products/Services: Proxy (BC/Symantec/Zscaler/Cisco Cloudlock), Firewalls (Check Point and Palo Alto), DNS (OpenDNS and DNSSEC), F5 (GTM, LTM and ASM) and VPN
* F5 (LTM, ASM, GTM), DNS/DHCP, PKI, Bluecoat Secure Gateway Proxy, Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewalls,
* Ability to implement automation scripts in Ansible platform to manage and monitor network infrastructure.
* Working knowledge of cloud connectivity methods including carrier hotel, CASB and other methods.
* Experience with Network Management systems including Microfocus Openview, Solarwinds, Netscout, and Wireshark with a strong knowledge of SNMP.
* Demonstrated skills and knowledge on industry provided cloud access solutions.
* Demonstrated skills on technical procedures development (equipment configuration) for testing and implementation of design changes.
* Create technical documentation and diagrams using Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Knowledge and experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Trunking, including carrier-based SIP service
* Single Sign-on integration with Cisco UC toolset
* Knowledgeable of Project Management methodologies.
* Excellent presentation/verbal communication skills
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.