This role reports directly to the local Global Desktop & Infrastructure Support Senior on site technician and is responsible for the first and second line IT Support of Capco's laptops and associated operating system and application suite environment. Previous IT support experience isn't essential however excellent customer service skills are. The role requires the ability to communicate and assist staff of all levels across the company and to be flexible with working occasional evenings and weekends along with occasional travel.
Role Scope / Key responsibilities:
Primary responsibility will be for staff in the office this role is based in, with telephone support provided to other offices globally during normal working hours as part of Capco's follow the sun support model. This will include liaising with local IT staff in America, EMEA and APAC. As part of the follow the sun support model there will be a requirement to be flexible with shift work to cater for global time zones from 08:00 to 18:00
Regular trips may be required to remote offices to provide on site support to staff, diagnose issues with network\infrastructure and assist with resolution.
Responsibilities for assisting with tasks include:
* Resolving incidents via ServiceNow tickets, via phone and in person.
* Responding to service requests via ServiceNow
* Escalation to 3rd line support and global management in case of unresolvable issues
* Maintenance of Windows and Apple laptops
* Physical and remote installation of software
* Liaising with vendors to arrange repair\replacement of printers, laptops and audio visual equipment
* Monitoring Daily and monthly backups of Capco infrastructure and responding to any issues.
* Helping fix Firewall, Routing, switching and cabling issues under the direction of Global Network team members.
Some examples of duties are:
* Managing the Capco workstation inventory
* Set up of Capco mobile devices
* Management of Capco mobile inventory
* Assisting with the new joiner process for IT
* Setting up new joiner accounts in Active Directory
* Building new joiner laptops
* Giving new joiner inductions
* Supply desktop support to office based and client based Consultants. This generally includes the maintenance of laptops, installation of software, remote help with logging in and accessing Capco externally
* Managing the IT service desk queue and responding to queries from Capco employees
* Being available outside of working hours to carry out additional work and maintenance that can't be completed during office hours
* Following strict new hire and leaver procedures
* Leaver laptop collection from HC and tracking
* Laptop Lifecycle management (EOL replacements)
* Capco Executive silver service
* Capco Town Hall IT\AV support
* Capco password resets
* Server room clean-up and upkeep, including cabling.
* Understanding of Windows and Apple operating system fundamentals
* Basic knowledge of Active Directory
* Professional and well presented at all times
* Use of remote support tools e.g. bomgar
* Organised - can prioritise work in a systematic fashion, making the most use of time available
* Able to work using own initiative within a team setting
* Able to work under pressure to resolve user issues quickly
* Excellent people and social skills
Previous experience using ServiceNow, Google Apps domain / MS O365 user administration not essential but would be an advantage
Capco, a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry.