Hub Group, Inc (NASDAQ: HUBG) is a $4 billion provider of multi-modal transportation services. Our 4,000 employees deliver innovative solutions and industry leading service to help our customers better control their supply chains and associated costs. Our collaborative and inclusive culture offers extensive career development and learning opportunities. We were recently ranked in the top 25 of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.
The Security Intern works under the supervision of the Security Manager to assist in ensuring that Hub Group operates in a secure manner. The Security Intern should be knowledgeable of various scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, etc. These scripts will be used to query current security files. The results of these queries will then be analyzed to identify vulnerabilities. The Security Intern should work with the IT Teams to develop action plans to mitigate indentified vulnerabilities. The Security Intern will work with various IT departments to promote security initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
* Work at the direction of the Security Manager to further the security architecture for the Company
* Utilize various scripting languages to query log data and determine next steps
* Assists with the enforcement of security policies and procedures by monitoring system activity
* Reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates, and maintains and documents security controls
* Reviews Unix security data to ensure that access is appropriate and properly identified with an actual user
* Reviews Windows security data to ensure that access is appropriate and properly identified with an actual user
* Utilize various script options to ensure that logins to generic accounts are for approved purposes
* Assists with the vulnerability management scans and prioritization of identified vulnerabilities
* Work with users to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place
* Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program from an accredited college or university focused in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, Access, Visio
* Strong understanding of systems including but not limited to Windows, Unix, Linux and Virtualization technologies.
* Working knowledge of network switches, routers and firewalls
* Detailed knowledge of tools such as PowerShell, Python, SQL, Nmap, etc
* Detailed knowledge of Windows, Red Hat Linux and Oracle Linux operating systems
* Ability to work as part of a team
We are looking for a summer intern who can work 40 hours per week Monday thru Friday with a preference for an undergraduate student entering their senior year of college.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (630) 795-2164 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Hub Group
Hub Group is an asset-light freight transportation management company, providing intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services.