Hub Group, Inc (NASDAQ: HUBG) is a $4 billion provider of multi-modal transportation services. Our 4,000 employees deliver innovative solutions and industry leading service to help our customers better control their supply chains and associated costs. Our collaborative and inclusive culture offers extensive career development and learning opportunities. We were recently ranked in the top 25 of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.
Essential Job Functions
* Design and build highly scalable and efficient data pipelines to ingest data from multiple internal or external source systems.
* Format, cleanse, transform and load data into optimized big data structures using big data programming technologies and/or tools.
* Capture and manage data arriving into the platform at varying intensities (data trickle to fire-hose modes) and latencies ranging from near real time data streaming to intermittent batch feeds
* Work closely with big data architects to design, program and implement highly performant and scalable data ingest and data delivery pipeline architecture
* Knowledge of big data architectures, principles and concepts.
* Good understanding of big data storage and processing technologies including Relational and NoSQL databases and data streaming
* Hands-on experience using big data tools such as the Hadoop, Hive, HBase, MongoDB, Spark, Kafka, Storm, etc.
* Strong experience developing and running big data pipelines for large structured and non-structured datasets
* Skilled in Object-oriented functional programming and scripting languages such as Python, Java, C , Scala, etc.
* Working experience in Azure Cloud or similar cloud development environments such as Amazon AWS
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field with 5 years of experience serving in a similar role.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Hub Group
Hub Group is an asset-light freight transportation management company, providing intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services.