The UC4 Production Control Analyst is responsible for the design, implementation, change control and support of Costco's UC4 Enterprise Job Scheduler to manage and monitor jobs in a large, enterprise-wide, multi-platform environment. This role is responsible for working with application and system owners across the organization to configure, schedule and enable monitoring for production batch jobs, operational tasks and application integration.
The right candidate has strong experience driving automation initiatives within a large matrix organization, including defining work in-take processes, production control policies and procedures. They are a highly motivated individual who is self-directed and enjoys providing excellent customer service.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Designs, configures, supports and upgrades the scheduling automation environments and job scheduler packages.
* Drives the automation of operational and batch processes within the application development and infrastructure teams, including leading user-education programs and product demos.
* Reviews and oversees the implementation of job scheduling requests to evaluate processing requirements and ensure business SLA's are met.
* Drives the conversion of legacy scheduled tasks from various operational systems into UC4 Enterprise Job Scheduler.
* Sets up monitoring for all automated jobs, including alerting, messaging and escalation based on application SLA's.
* Develops key performance metrics to analyze and report on performance and resource usage in order to manage capacity planning and drive operational improvements and cost reductions.
* Maintains working knowledge of UC4 product strategies and roadmaps to support current and future automation and production control initiatives.
* Provides operational support for UC4 product, responsible for research and resolution of technical problems.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Minimum of 5-years in production control operations with extensive experience in UC4 Automation Engine (Operations Manager or Application Manager).
* Strong experience in design, implementation and configuration of complex job scheduling and operations automation.
* Proven experience in promoting logical, robust job-scheduling standards.
* Experience working in diverse operating system environments.
* Familiarity with application development and release processes with a good understanding of batch cycles and business processes.
* Familiarity with computing infrastructures, including data security, operations, networking, operating systems and databases.
* Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
* Available for 24x7x365 on-call support and work weekends and/or holidays, as necessary.
* Experience in one or more enterprise scheduling platforms such as CA Autosys, Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler, BMC Control-M/EM.
* Excellent communication and documentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
* Proven ability to multitask in a team environment.
* Innovative, creative, and responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent formal training and experience.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.