The eCommerce WMS Fulfillment Functional Analyst will work to configure and maintain Costco's WMS and related systems. This person will assist business staff in the identification, development, implementation, and monitoring of various WMS solutions, including the creation of Functional Specifications and reporting capabilities. The role will also create policies, procedures, and controls to ensure data accuracy, information security and adherence to legal and regulatory compliance. The analyst must ensure conformance to established system change control procedures and document any standard operating procedures in support of existing functionality, requested changes, and development of new functionality. The role will ensure the maintenance of configuration artifacts and source code in a manner consistent with company policies. The analyst will also work collaboratively with others in the organization to deliver exceptional operational support on an ongoing basis.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Configurations and support of Warehouse Management system and components * Supports IS business analysts with design, development, and solution management * Leads or participates in functional and business requirements gathering sessions * Defines and writes functional specifications and/or user stories for configuration, user exits, and custom programs * Authors and communicates business process designs and business systems designs * Collaborates with Quality Assurance (QA) on configuration, data requirements and test plans to satisfy functional unit tests, regression tests and system integration tests * Presents, discusses and industry best practices * Performs analysis and incident handling for various types of system errors * Collaborates with technical teams to develop technical specifications and development of customized objects * Provides support of WMS applications, including integration points between WMS and non-WMS applications to ensure business processes are maintained in a non-disruptive manner * Adheres to team and departmental development standards * Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization * Demonstrates excellent communication skills * Mentors less experienced team members on WMS concepts and tool suite * Participates in team planning and activities for improving skills, knowledge, and quality of work * Responsible for continued personal growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and company policies * Available to work nights and weekends and perform 24x7 on-call support as scheduled or as needed * International travel within the US and CN as necessary for site visits * Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary * Assists in other areas of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* Prior experience configuring and supporting WMS systems * Knowledge of WMS related business and implementation processes * Good understanding of integration between WMS modules and non-WMS systems * Proactively take responsibility of module development activities. Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and exhibit a strong sense of urgency * Customer-centric focus and dedicated to business partnership while meeting the needs of the business leveraging out of the box functionality without a high degree of customization * Ability to effectively teach and mentor less experienced team members about the WMS system * Strong conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting, and resolution skills * Self-motivated, flexible, and open to learning
* General understanding of supply chain processes and principles * Knowledgeable about middleware and communication technologies such as PI/PO, MQ, ETL, DataPower, WAS, FTP, etc. * Awareness or experience with SAP roadmap for S4 and HANA * Understanding of testing tools, e.g., HP ALM * Experience working in Agile software delivery methodologies * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.