What You'll Do
It's an exciting time to work at Cisco.
Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. Whether it's using e-learning to educate students far from city centers or downloading the entire Library of Congress in seconds, our networking technology has not only revolutionized the way people do things, but who they are. People are more informed, more efficient, and more involved. With all forms of communications converging onto the network, Cisco is entering an exciting new era. The concept of the network as the platform for transforming life's experiences is no longer a possibility: It is quickly becoming a reality.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing the end-to-end project encompassing the entire deliver service life-cycle (Initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control and close).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Adherence to PMO project management methodology and all other internal methodologies
* Support for continuous improvement of all processes, methodologies and services
* Project leadership, ensuring appropriate project planning and that all projects are delivered on time, in budget, and with high levels of quality
* Ensures proper Scope and Change Management processes are adhered to, manages change management handling between customer, partner & account teams
* Ensures proper project financials management must understand project financial reports prepared by the project specialist, comment on, provide options for irregularities, and ensures a realistic forecast is made
* Defines Success Metrics: Identifies and socializes project success metrics to the internal team and to external stakeholders
* Evaluates project progress and results against success metrics.
* Escalation of any project or client issues in a timely manner
* Managing consultants during delivery of services
* Baseline Management - Schedule, Cost and quality
* Assesses Risks: Proactively identifies risks, communicates risks to appropriate stakeholders and develops a risk mitigation strategy and a contingency plan
* Creation of project plans and oversight of plan timelines
* Review deliverables prepared by team before providing to the customer
* Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
* Optimize and coordinates interaction between internal, partner and customer resources toward the completion of key services projects and programs
* Business development and management for new customers/markets/services business management role in a large or strategic account or group of customers
* Help cross-train other employees where appropriate
* Develop technical & business knowledge as necessary to meet evolving business requirements
* Provide support for other PMO duties as assigned
Who You'll Work With
Are you ready for the next wave? Here, you'll be managing large or strategic, or multiple large deployments for our web-based customers while you work hand in hand with some of the brightest people in Cisco.
These business critical projects utilize existing or new Cisco technologies, multiple third party vendors and cross multiple functions, have high organization visibility and may include multiple locations or Regions. You will be managing multiple critical projects in tight time frames for mission critical network deployments for some of Cisco's most exciting customers.
Who You Are
A successful candidate has the capabilities to manage competing demands from internal and external stakeholders while still able to deliver successful projects in-scope and within budget. The candidate has the ability to drive focus on the tactical activities but can also see the overall strategic objectives of the customer and how it fits into the larger business picture. The candidate has exceptional communications skills with strong capabilities in project management to drive team members to success. A driving personality with a competency to adapt to different customer dynamics (i.e. personalities, priorities, working environments, etc.) is a must. Additionally, the position will require a resource that is capable of grasping Cisco technologies and solutions, as well as an ability to effectively manage projects, timelines, budgets and resources to support those Cisco technologies and solutions. The candidate has vast experience in presenting to key stakeholders, understanding business challenges and developing solutions and leading successful delivery teams to achieve business objectives. Consulting experience and capabilities are highly sought after. Capabilities include:
* PMP certification and 5+ years of experience as project manager
* Bachelors Degree in Business or a related field, MBA or Masters degree preferred
* Strong project management skills including scheduling, financial reporting, performance reporting, communications, issues/risks/actions management, procurement management and other key PM skill sets
* Strong commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
* Strong leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to self-manage
* Exemplary command of the English and local language, both oral and written.
* Experience with navigating various environments where culture and structure varies within the organization with political navigation skills
* Proficient in the following software tools: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* PMO governance development, oversight and ownership
* Facilitator, leader and motivator
* Assessment and analytical skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.