What You'll Do
Technical Services is team of extraordinary technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively, while delivering the best possible customer experience. Your success is validated through excellent financial results, growing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. Cisco's Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is aligned to three geographic regions; together, they form one global, borderless TAC.
Who You'll Work With
We are the first to be confronted by challenges and issues with new equipment and tools in the field. You will provide high-energy support to our customers, partners, account teams, and other engineers. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth and diversity of technology expertise are second to none! As a team member on the Data Center Global TAC team, you will further specialize in:
* Data Center
* Hyper Convergence
… and other new technologies.
Who You Are
* You're the connection to Cisco customers and will build relationships while solving issues, managing expectations, and leaving the customer feeling valued.
* You are someone who is continually developing your knowledge of networking products and protocols to provide support in your designated technology focus area
* You'll effectively utilize databases of existing issues, debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions
* You love sharing knowledge to build relationships, and effectively solve problems both alone and as part of a team.
* You have a Bachelor's Degree with masters preferred in a technical field with 5+ years experience in technical role
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in hyper convergence storage (and other storage technologies), VMware, vSphere, and UCS (Unified Computing Systems).
* Innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
* You have experience interacting with customers or in a client facing role with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Dedication and the tenacity to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
* MCSE or VCP Certifications a plus
* CCNP or CCIE certification highly desired
* Knowledge of products within: Data Center & Routing and Switching
* Experience solving problems using wireshark is a plus
* Programming skills (Python, Ruby, C, C++, Linux, Shell Scripting)
* Flash storage experience is a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.