At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The Wireless Compliance Specialist is responsible for technical partner management and certification of Meraki's wireless devices. He/She will work alongside Meraki's hardware, software, and test engineers; manufacturing partners; local and international laboratories; and the greater Cisco Compliance community.
* Be the primary manager and scheduler of testing, reporting, and submissions.
* You will be able to apply your knowledge of wireless standards, test methodologies, and regulations to understand, prioritize, and resolve all issues found during certification testing and the approval process.
* You will be asked to provide internationalization guidance to Meraki's product, sales, and marketing teams.
* Be preternaturally patient and unreasonably persistent
* A clear communicator with command presence
* Be exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
* Have a strong desire and willingness to learn on the fly
You will have:
* 5+ years of industry experience, specific to wireless technology compliance
* 5+ years of program or project management experience, strong organizational skills
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams and manage multiple external partners
* Clear communicator; aggressive negotiating skills a plus
* A strong knowledge base of wireless standards (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LTE, etc.)
* Familiarity with international regulatory standards and type approval processes (FCC, EU/CE/RED, PTCRB, GCF, etc.)
* Willingness to travel up to 10%
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Nice to Have:
* Cultural competence and understanding of Taiwanese and Chinese cultures
* Mandarin fluency
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every day, and a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.