Note: Beyond Austin, Texas, hiring for this role is open to 100% remote workers or those that are interested in working out of any of our core Cisco office locations.
Have you ever had a poor customer experience and thought of a million ways in which it could be improved? Have you ever empathized with those whose job it is to deliver customer experience and imagined how, if properly empowered and motivated, the overall service delivery experience could be better? If so, we want to talk.
In the Cisco Customer Journey Solutions group, we are passionate about delivering amazing experiences to both customers and employees. We believe software can truly change the world and how it gives and receives customer service and it is our mission to be the leader in this space. To enable this vision, we are looking for passionate, smart, and motivated Data Services Engineers to join our Data Services and Analytics team.
As a Data Services Engineer, you will:
* Design, develop and maintain the underlying data infrastructure for the entire Customer Journey Solutions platform.
* Build a scalable, reliable, and high-throughput data pipeline capable of ingesting hundreds of gigabytes of data per hour in multiple formats from multiple source.
* Build a leading-edge data processing engine for batch and stream-based computations and aggregations for reporting and advanced analytical use cases.
* Design and develop APIs for efficient and scalable data retrieval and querying.
* Own what you build - providing end-to-end automation, quality assurance, deployment and monitoring of your data services.
* Envision, design, and build solutions to enable advanced analytical and machine learning (ML) applications.
In this role, you will work with:
* Product Managers who will help you know our customers and partners so you can deliver solutions that meet their needs and wants.
* Engineering Managers who will enable you to focus on doing what you love: delivering great software; they will also be your coach and guide on this exciting stage of your career journey.
* Technical Architects who will play a hands-on role in helping you design, develop, and operate with the best practices, patterns the industry has to offer.
* Data Scientists who will rely on you and your data wrangling and serving expertise to find artificially intelligent ways to enrich the value we deliver to customers.
What we're looking for:
* 7 or more years of experience as a data services developer in delivering highly available and scalable data consuming and processing applications in a cloud operating environment.
* Programming expertise in Python, Scala, or Java.
* Experience with Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, or other large-scale data processing frameworks and runtimes; Apache Beam and/or Apache Flink, and Apache Airflow a plus.
* Experience with data analysis toolkits such as PyData pandas.
* Experience building, testing, and consuming REST APIs; GraphQL experience a plus.
* Experience with high-throughput messaging technologies and patterns; Apache Kafka and related technologies a plus.
* Experience working with databases of all types: relational, analytical, columnar, document-oriented, graph, etc.; Redis and Cassandra a plus.
* Experience with machine learning algorithms and techniques; real-world ML application delivery experience a plus.
* Experience developing, testing, and deploying to public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
* Experience with Git source control and building/maintaining Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines; Jenkins experience a plus.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-inspired delivery methodology.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.