Hub Group, Inc (NASDAQ: HUBG) is a $4 billion provider of multi-modal transportation services. Our 4,000 employees deliver innovative solutions and industry leading service to help our customers better control their supply chains and associated costs. Our collaborative and inclusive culture offers extensive career development and learning opportunities. We were recently ranked in the top 25 of America's Best Midsize Employers by Forbes.
The Junior Security Analyst will maintain and help deploy the Company's
security platform and solution efforts as well as perform network and host threat assessments to identify, evaluate and mitigate security risks, threats and vulnerabilities. The Junior Security Analyst will work with the IT Teams and other Business Units to develop action plans to mitigate identified vulnerabilities and promote security initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Work at the direction of the Security Manager to improve the security for the Company
* Configuration and administration of security systems and tools
* Proactive research to identify and understand new threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits
* Perform security scans of the network devices and systems
* Analyze logs to improve system and network performance, isolate and detect failures,
and identify security vulnerabilities or malicious activity
* Respond to security incidents and report on incident handling and resolution
* Manage documentation of information security policies, procedures, processes and diagrams
* Assists with the enforcement of security policies and procedures by monitoring system activity
* Reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates, and maintains and documents security controls
* Reviews Windows and Unix security data to ensure that access is appropriate and properly identified with an actual user
* After hours changes or on call support may be required
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, Access, Visio
* Strong understanding of systems including but not limited to Windows, Unix and Virtualization technologies.
* Working knowledge of network switches, routers and firewalls
* Working knowledge of tools such as PowerShell, Nessus, Nmap, tcpdump, etc
* Working knowledge of Windows, Red Hat Linux and Oracle Linux operating systems
* Ability to work as part of a team
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. Hub Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Hub Group
Hub Group is an asset-light freight transportation management company, providing intermodal, truck brokerage and logistics services.